DALI - How's this brand ? Model DALI blue 6006. Any thoughts ? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : DALI - How's this brand ? Model DALI blue 6006. Any thoughts ?

hertz
12-02-2004, 11:33 PM
Hi Guys,
Anybody out here has first hand experience with DALI loudspeakers ? The specific model is DALI 6006 blue series. How do these compare with B&W,DYNAUDIO, PROAC etc... Has anybody extensively listened to these models ? All the models seem to have more than 90 db sensitivity which makes it very amp friendly....

drseid
12-03-2004, 03:23 AM
I don't know about the Dali Blue 6006s (never heard of them), but I did hear a couple Dali speakers a bit over 2 weeks ago with mixed results...

I first heard some $12,000/pr. Dali Euphonia MS 5s, and I was not impressed at all... Vocals sounded lifeless on them to my ears. I should mention though, that I heard these directly following a listening session with some *fabulous* sounding McIntosh XRT-28s that cost $18,200/pr., so that may have negatively biased my opinion. All electronics on both were top of the line solid state McIntosh electronics.

Then in a different room, I heard the top of Dalis line ($40,000/pr.) and liked those quite a bit (but not as much as the XRT-28s).

And also in the same room, coming back down to more sane price levels, I heard the Dali Helicon800s ($5900/pr.), and I thought they were a *very* good value for that price point. Saxiphones and other wind instruments just sounded amazingly detailed and natural. Bass was very tight and low. I definitely was impressed by these.

By the way... Like the first room, all speakers in the second listening room were powered by top of the line McIntosh SS.

---Dave

Pat D
12-03-2004, 09:58 AM
Hi Guys,
Anybody out here has first hand experience with DALI loudspeakers ? The specific model is DALI 6006 blue series. How do these compare with B&W,DYNAUDIO, PROAC etc... Has anybody extensively listened to these models ? All the models seem to have more than 90 db sensitivity which makes it very amp friendly.... I heard the Dali Helicon 400 and it was quite nice, smooth and open sounding, quite neutral with a solid state amplifier, less so with a tube amp. I thought they were a very fine speaker and I felt could easily live with a pair (though as with any speaker, I would need a home audition). They were reasonably expensive as I recall. However, I didn't like them any better than the PSB Stratus Series, which are quite a bit less expensive. However, at that level, if you like that sound, you have to pay what it costs.

So Dali knows how to make good speakers and they seem to have a good reputation. I don't know anything about the Blue Series except what is on their website.

DaRool
08-24-2005, 06:01 AM
Hi Guys,
Anybody out here has first hand experience with DALI loudspeakers ? The specific model is DALI 6006 blue series. How do these compare with B&W,DYNAUDIO, PROAC etc... Has anybody extensively listened to these models ? All the models seem to have more than 90 db sensitivity which makes it very amp friendly....

Hi,
Have You got Dali Blue 6006 now? If yes, how are they.
I have checked same speakers and looking for feedback from users.

Kaboom
08-24-2005, 06:33 AM
I don't know about the upper models, but the natural competitor of the B&W 602S3 got TRASHED by the B&W where i auditioned. The dalis sounded "hollow" to me, lacking bass and with lousy imaging. But that's just me.

anamorphic96
08-24-2005, 10:56 AM
I recently auditioned the Blue 2002 , 6006 and both had weak imaging and poor bass. The cabinet also had a resonance or some kind of chestiness I did not like. I then took a listen to the Suite series and there was an improvement but I still was not impressed all that much.

The Blue series has some nice price points but I could better for the same money.

Florian
08-24-2005, 11:02 AM
The MS5 can sound very good if fed right. I wont comment on Mac's, and B&W since people know my point of view on those. The early Macs were great, and so were the original B&W's. Anyways, give the Dali a go. Try it in an active config using Tact AMPs and Processors.

-Flo

PS: And give them SPACE

Jimmy C
08-24-2005, 02:19 PM
Hi Guys,

...I have only heard the Helicon 400... well, I can't be sure that is all HE has heard from the company, but that's all I demoed.

And again, like Pat, I felt they were smooth and open. This was not a GREAT store set-up, and it was played too loud, but, along with the Josephs, were the best (IMO) of the five in that general price range. I felt these two brands beat up the lower Spendors and the Legacys.

Sorry, I have zero experience with the exact model you're looking at, but I feel Dali would be worth a second look. The finish was gorgeous to boot. It would be hard to demo a relatively large speaker at home, but I would be willing to bet the results (of any speaker) would be better than that of most stores.

I hope my incessant rambling helps a bit... tell us what you end up with!

Jim Clark
08-24-2005, 02:29 PM
As one jc to another I have to agree with Jimmy C's comments about the finish of these cabinets. They were to most beautifully finished of any brand I've ever seen. I wasn't really motivated to actually listen to them today, but they really did look good.

another worthless post by:

jc