crossover stuff when using 5.1 inputs [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : crossover stuff when using 5.1 inputs

lbhkilla
12-02-2004, 02:04 PM
I have a Pioneer VSX-812D which is super limited in crossover settings (100, 150, and 200). At the 100hz setting, my DM601s are being very limited but I don't really want to send the LFE stuff to them too. I am picking up a new DVD player that has 5.1 output and was wondering if I use the 5.1output on the DVD player I can control the crossover points with that and have the reciever just directly output to the speakers without crossing over at all? I know the reciever has something called direct mode which is supposed to bypass all the recievers effects and such, but I thought it was only for 2 channel mode. Does anyone know if getting this new DVD player might be able to solve my dilemma or will I need a new reciever (no money for that unless someone wants to buy an almost new VSX812).

N. Abstentia
12-02-2004, 06:54 PM
It would depend on the DVD player model, but most of them have a fixed crossover at 100hz.

lbhkilla
12-02-2004, 08:01 PM
but if I found one that did have a variable crossover, I could use that one bypassing the recievers? If that is the case I may look for a DVD player that has more adjustments.

N. Abstentia
12-03-2004, 05:21 AM
Yes, when you use the multi-channel inputs the DVD player would be responsible for all crossovers/levels/processing.