Onkyo TX-DS595 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Onkyo TX-DS595

izzyk
12-02-2004, 01:43 PM
I realize that the DS595 is about 3 years old and I'm facing a little dilemma. I have been offered this receiver at US$230. Is it worth the money?? and how good/reliable is it?
I'm upgrading from my first receiver which is a Kenwood VR307 and not looking to spend too much money at the moment.

AVMASTER
12-02-2004, 02:53 PM
I realize that the DS595 is about 3 years old and I'm facing a little dilemma. I have been offered this receiver at US$230. Is it worth the money?? and how good/reliable is it?
I'm upgrading from my first receiver which is a Kenwood VR307 and not looking to spend too much money at the moment.
for a little more ( $299) you can get the Onkyo TXSR502 6.1 receiver; a far safer bet than a used 3 year old receiver

nightflier
12-02-2004, 03:20 PM
Check on eBay and see what this receiver is going for. I would guess that it would sell for about half that, if at all. This is not to beat Onkyo down or anything, it's just the value of a 3-yr. old receiver. Of course, like a car, it also depends on how it was taken care of. If you know the seller well, then the peace-of-mind might be worth the extra $$$.

One the other hand, the TX-SR502 is an excellent receiver in your price range so if you are concerned about reliability, go with the new unit.

izzyk
12-02-2004, 03:59 PM
Check on eBay and see what this receiver is going for. I would guess that it would sell for about half that, if at all. This is not to beat Onkyo down or anything, it's just the value of a 3-yr. old receiver. Of course, like a car, it also depends on how it was taken care of. If you know the seller well, then the peace-of-mind might be worth the extra $$$.

One the other hand, the TX-SR502 is an excellent receiver in your price range so if you are concerned about reliability, go with the new unit.

I went on e-Bay and found one for a "Buy it Now" price of $250 and is not even in perfect working order? Here's the link to it..

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=39797&item=5735326953&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW