AR 12 Old speakers help needed!!! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : AR 12 Old speakers help needed!!!

Lokoseena
12-02-2004, 01:14 PM
I own a pair of AR 12 that where passed down to me by my father a few years ago. I took them out of storage and the wring of the speakers were cracked. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about these speakers? What is the price tag and the qaulity of these speakers. Are they worth fixing up? Hope someone can help.

I can provide pictures if needed. Thanks

woodman
12-02-2004, 02:21 PM
I own a pair of AR 12 that where passed down to me by my father a few years ago. I took them out of storage and the wring of the speakers were cracked. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about these speakers? What is the price tag and the qaulity of these speakers. Are they worth fixing up? Hope someone can help.

I can provide pictures if needed. Thanks

They are from the 1977 line of A-R speakers, and had a pricetag of $255 each. As to their overall "quality" - I have no idea. Whether or not they would be "worth" fixing up is impossible to say. It would depend upon just what is needed to restore them to good working condition. My best guess is that they would probably cost as much (or maybe even more) to restore them than they could possibly be worth ... unless of course there's some sentimental value attached to them.

Hope this helps