Aerosmith - Night in the Ruts [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Aerosmith - Night in the Ruts

Dave_G
12-02-2004, 01:08 PM
Aerosmith.

Loved them as a teen in the 70's.

They were awful in concert.

But this studio album kicks it. Great riffs and low end growl and some of the best guitar work form Joe Perry.

"Coney Island Whitfish Boy" just kills.

Anyone else like this one?

Dave

Davey
12-02-2004, 01:17 PM
Had the 8-track in my car. Loved it. Soundtrack to many nights doing things I shouldn't have been doing. Never made it with me on my trip to Adultville. Do I miss it? Not really. Rocks was so much better. But it didn't make the trip either. I do still have the LP of Toys in the Attic but when was the last time I played that one? Hmmm, I don't know either.

BTW, I still think that young people today shouldn't dismiss those first few Aerosmith albums without first hearing at least one of them. Just because they put out such formulaic slop nowadays doesn't mean it was always that way. They did have a vision of something a little bit new at one point.

DarrenH
12-03-2004, 07:37 PM
Well Dave, I see yer Aerosmith post got as many views (and posts, except for this one) as my Rachmaninov post did.

Just proves that interests don't lie in Aerosmith and Rachmaninov I guess.

More specifically, classic rock and classical.

For the record, I like Aerosmith, always have. I don't listen to them as much as I did in the past but I do occassionly spin them. A Night In The Ruts isn't my favorite. Not that it's a bad album or anything it's just that I prefer their earlier albums. I really like the s/t debut and Rocks. Great stuff.

Darren

Dave_G
12-05-2004, 05:57 AM
Hey Darren,

ya the old school Aerosmith is good, but, Night..Ruts IS old school!

I like all of their old albums a lot, I guess I never matured enough to grow out of Aerosmith, huh.

I even like the obscure "Rock in a hard Place".

I just popped in "Rocks", programmed a mixed up playing order.

Regards,

Dave