Pioneer Home Theatre In A Box [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer Home Theatre In A Box

tuneman6212
12-02-2004, 09:36 AM
Hi there!!

I am totally new to this audio site. I am looking at buying a decent home theatre system that can play DVD's, CD's in surround sound. I don't have 5 grand to drop on a system. I noticed the Pioneer line. Specifically the HTD 340. The problem is I can't find any information anywhere online about this model. I am not sure if it's a replacement for the 240. I live in Ottawa Canada and it's listed here on Future Shop's site.
http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&dept=10&WLBS=FSWEB36&sku_id=0665000FS10043243&catid=19701&newdeptid=10
The sales associate told me that it is a fairly new model. I can't seem to understand why I can't find information about it. I simply want to make sure that I am buying the best system for $500 Canadian. It looks gorgeous and the price seems right. (I actually work at Best Buy but we don't carry that specific model.) If anyone could offer information, advice, opinion it would be much appreciated as I am new to this hobby. Thanks so much.

ericl
12-02-2004, 09:49 AM
Hi Tuneman!

Welcome to the site. That looks like a good price for what you get. I tend to trust pioneer, they seem to make good, reliable stuff. I bet you can't find info on it because it is so new. Maybe you can be the first to review it! I'll add it to our database.

-Eric

tuneman6212
12-02-2004, 10:45 AM
Yeah that is exactly what I am thinking. Meh I just thought there might be someone out there in that crazy home audio world that has experience with that specific model or similar ones. I appreciate your hospitality. We'll see if anybody else has any thoughts on the system.

Hi Tuneman!

Welcome to the site. That looks like a good price for what you get. I tend to trust pioneer, they seem to make good, reliable stuff. I bet you can't find info on it because it is so new. Maybe you can be the first to review it! I'll add it to our database.

-Eric

JSE
12-02-2004, 12:04 PM
If, your going to buy a HTIB system, check out Yamaha and Onkyo. They are considered by many to the best options in HTIB systems in your price range. Go to their websites and check them out. You can also get some really good deals on refurbed systems from these makers.

JSE