Weird that I can't figure this out? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Weird that I can't figure this out?

spf
12-01-2004, 08:23 AM
Hi everyone,

Friend of mine is just starting out in HT. He's got Polk R15s all around as well as the Polk Csi3 Center. This is all being powered by a nice little Denon AVR-1505. No sub yet but its coming :o) .

Anyways, I helped him set the gear up and hooked up his mains, center and surrounds. I ran the audio setup and he's getting test tones from all five speakers. The mode is set to Auto and the digital coaxial connection to the Hitachi DVD player is correct. The recevier confirms the signal as digital and not PCM/Analog. The problem is on DVDs, the receiver is choosing Pro-Logic II or DTS Neo and will not go into Dolby Digital or DTS. I am 100% positive this is the DVD player's problem but it's a 2 year old rig and he threw out the manual. I've been trying to get into the DVD player's menu but all I can get at is the DVD options when a movie is in the player. (Title, Audio, Subtitles, etc) The movie is set to Dolby 5.1 and the movie plays through the coax fine but there is no 5.1 only the Pro-logic. Also, there is no switch on the back on the DVD PLayer for the digital out. Any ideas guys (or girls) . Thanks

Shane

Worf101
12-01-2004, 08:34 AM
Go online to Dennon's website. Get the manual for the DVD player, download it. Read it. Then see if that solves some of your problems.

Da Worfster :D

spf
12-01-2004, 08:40 AM
Go online to Dennon's website. Get the manual for the DVD player, download it. Read it. Then see if that solves some of your problems.

Da Worfster :D

It's actually a Hitachi DVD player and I can't seem to find it on either website. I'll keep looking though. Thanks

Shane

BRANDONH
12-01-2004, 08:53 AM
It's actually a Hitachi DVD player and I can't seem to find it on either website. I'll keep looking though. Thanks

Shane
Try this link or call them its an 800 #
https://merchant.satisfusion.com/sf/WarrantyCenter/registration/secure/Hitachi/Manuals/SearchResults.jsp

http://www.hitachi.us/tv/resource/prodsupport/ownmanuals.shtml