Polk vs. Infinity, what to do?? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Polk vs. Infinity, what to do??

watsons28
11-30-2004, 09:08 AM
Ok here's the deal, I have pretty much a full Infinity set up and I have the SM15 (15" front subs) that I've had since I was in high school but they are way to big and I'm trying to downsize (also the wife would greatly appreciate it). Long story short I want something smaller but I don't want to spend a bunch of money either. Right now I have limited it to a few options, the Infinity Primus 250's that CompUSA has marked down to $99 each (they are $199 at CC), I was thinking that I could match these up with my other Infinity's and later buy a better front speaker and move these to my rear. The other is the Polk T90eb, which is exactly the same thing as the Polk Monitor 60's (I believe this is the Euro model but has the same exact specs and design of the 60's). Tweeter has these marked down to $175 each which seems like a good deal and in the future I could always switch out the rest of my speakers to Polk. However is it a good idea to have different matching speakers in a surround set up? And does anyone know about the quality and better bargain of these speakers or any other speaker ideas in this price range.