Attn: Nero users. I could use some help! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Attn: Nero users. I could use some help!

Swish
12-15-2003, 08:17 AM
I'm trying to burn a copy of a comp using Nero Express' "Burn Entire Disc" mode, but I keep hitting a snag when it starts to burn the CDR. It stops at 4% and stalls out, seemingly wanting to start up again, but not making an progress from the 4%. I've never had this problem before and I'm wondering if there is a fix for it, or is there something I'm not aware of? I burned about 6 or 7 other cds yesterday with no problems, so I have no idea why this has cropped up now.

Thanks in advance,
Swish Baby

Davey.
12-15-2003, 10:17 AM
I don't have any experience with Nero, but that's never stopped me from offering opinions in the past :)

Have you tried to limit the write speed? The program can't really look ahead and see what problems it might encounter in processes and fragmented files and things like that so sometimes they get going too fast when using dynamic write speed and overrun the buffer or whatever when the problems start. Whenever I've had a similar problem (not often), I just limit the write speed to a fixed number like 8x and try again. I assume you aren't doing other things on the computer and don't have a bunch of background processes running.

Anyway, that's all I got. Good luck, Swish Baby!

Slosh
12-15-2003, 11:41 AM
I'm trying to burn a copy of a comp using Nero Express' "Burn Entire Disc" mode, but I keep hitting a snag when it starts to burn the CDR. It stops at 4% and stalls out, seemingly wanting to start up again, but not making an progress from the 4%. I've never had this problem before and I'm wondering if there is a fix for it, or is there something I'm not aware of? I burned about 6 or 7 other cds yesterday with no problems, so I have no idea why this has cropped up now.

Thanks in advance,
Swish Baby

You have to completely remove EZ CD to use Nero. Uninstall it, then clear out your recycle bin, and then there are some registry edit folders you also must remove. I fvcked something up and had to re-install everything from scratch (yes, including the OS :( ) This seems kinda odd since XP's own burning software is a stripped down Roxio, um, creation :rolleyes:

My advice is to forget about it and stick with EZ unless you're in my situation where the burner drive simply refuses to work with EZ CD.

Aren't computers fun?

Swish
12-15-2003, 12:01 PM
You have to completely remove EZ CD to use Nero. Uninstall it, then clear out your recycle bin, and then there are some registry edit folders you also must remove. I fvcked something up and had to re-install everything from scratch (yes, including the OS :( ) This seems kinda odd since XP's own burning software is a stripped down Roxio, um, creation :rolleyes:

My advice is to forget about it and stick with EZ unless you're in my situation where the burner drive simply refuses to work with EZ CD.

Aren't computers fun?

i had some serious problems with it. I got Nero with my new TDK burner and have had no issues until this happened, although just while trying to copy this most excellent comp of holiday songs that JC created a couple years ago.

Thanks just the same!
Swish

Swish
12-15-2003, 12:02 PM
I don't have any experience with Nero, but that's never stopped me from offering opinions in the past :)

Have you tried to limit the write speed? The program can't really look ahead and see what problems it might encounter in processes and fragmented files and things like that so sometimes they get going too fast when using dynamic write speed and overrun the buffer or whatever when the problems start. Whenever I've had a similar problem (not often), I just limit the write speed to a fixed number like 8x and try again. I assume you aren't doing other things on the computer and don't have a bunch of background processes running.

Anyway, that's all I got. Good luck, Swish Baby!

I should have known this, but I went all the way down to 8X write speed and it worked, albeit veeeerrrrrrrrryyyy sloooooowwwwwwly. Hey, after ruining tow cdrs, I'll take slow any day of the week.

Thanks Davey Boy!
Swish Baby