I have a set of Sony MDR-V700, would a set of MDR-DS3000 be downgrading? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I have a set of Sony MDR-V700, would a set of MDR-DS3000 be downgrading?

SonyFiz
11-29-2004, 03:02 PM
I like the idea of the dolby surround emulation, but, am I getting a much worse set of headphones by doing this?

Thanks!

woodman
12-01-2004, 10:34 PM
I like the idea of the dolby surround emulation, but, am I getting a much worse set of headphones by doing this?

Thanks!

Your question is really impossible to answer for two different reasons:

1. How do you define "worse"? Worse in what way? Sound quality? Durability? Reliability? Build quality? Comfort? Consistency of output? (Wireless 'phones can and do have "dropouts"). What? They'll certainly be different from each other - but "worse" or "better" is tough for anyone but YOU to call.

2. I have no direct experience with this particular Sony model. I have a pair of the V700 which I use daily and like very much. I also have two pair of wireless (RF - not infrared like the DS-3000), and enjoy using them also, but they do occasionally exhibit tuning "drift" and have dropouts sometimes.

I'd suggest/recommend that you only buy the DS-3000 from a local dealer with return priveleges if they don't live up to what you expect of them. Also, it should be pointed out that the DS-3000 carries a significantly higher MSRP than the V-700 ($250 vs. $175).

Hope this helps you a little bit