I love mail call - Thanks PF [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I love mail call - Thanks PF

Jim Clark
11-29-2004, 01:05 PM
The Finchmeister got me some superlative customer service, which I feel a little bad about since I promised a fellow member a package last week and didn't even get it mailed until today. Going with the comp first and already the REM track is better than anything I've heard from these boys in years and years. Looks to be a lot of fun going through this. Thanks man.

jc

Mr MidFi
11-29-2004, 01:28 PM
Just curious, but whick REM track?

I played the new disc this morning, after giving it a week or two off. I'm liking it more now. "Leaving New York" is a terrific pop tune, and "I Wanted to Be Wrong" does a great job of summarizing my feelings about the political disharmony and polarization I'm seeing all around these days. And "Electron Blue" is pretty catchy too.

ForeverAutumn
11-29-2004, 01:46 PM
The Finchmeister got me some superlative customer service, which I feel a little bad about since I promised a fellow member a package last week and didn't even get it mailed until today. Going with the comp first and already the REM track is better than anything I've heard from these boys in years and years. Looks to be a lot of fun going through this. Thanks man.

jc

Don't feel bad JC. Audiobill and I were to mail packages to each other. I got his package only days after we made the deal. It took me about six weeks (or maybe longer) to mail his stuff. He finally received it today. :(

Jim Clark
11-29-2004, 02:35 PM
Just curious, but whick REM track?

I played the new disc this morning, after giving it a week or two off. I'm liking it more now. "Leaving New York" is a terrific pop tune, and "I Wanted to Be Wrong" does a great job of summarizing my feelings about the political disharmony and polarization I'm seeing all around these days. And "Electron Blue" is pretty catchy too.

Final Straw is the name of the toon that Finchy used. Not bad, could fit in on a number of earlier REM albums just fine. I'll be looking for this one but I'll probably hold out for used. I'm not nearly the fan boy that you are, but I think I have everything in one format or another. No real secret that they lost me starting with Monster and I think they had gone progressively downhill since then, at least based on my tastes.

jc

Finch Platte
11-29-2004, 03:31 PM
Final Straw is the name of the toon that Finchy used. Not bad, could fit in on a number of earlier REM albums just fine. I'll be looking for this one but I'll probably hold out for used. I'm not nearly the fan boy that you are, but I think I have everything in one format or another. No real secret that they lost me starting with Monster and I think they had gone progressively downhill since then, at least based on my tastes.

jc

First, you're welcome, CJ :p

The REM track is the MoveOn mix of Final Straw, from Music For America and MoveOn's Future Soundtrack For America compilation. I haven't heard the original to hear how it differs from the MoveOn mix.

It's (FSfA) a pretty good comp, btw: http://www.barsuk.com/web.cgi?fsfa

pf, err fp

Troy
11-29-2004, 04:04 PM
And thanks for the mystery disct there elf pee.

I think I know who it is. Check you e-mail.

Finch Platte
11-29-2004, 04:30 PM
And thanks for the mystery disct there elf pee.

I think I know who it is. Check you e-mail.

Wrong!

Check you (sic) email. :D

fp

Troy
11-29-2004, 04:55 PM
Not only was a wrong, but I get a spelling reprimand too!

Do I get a brown star?

Finch Platte
11-29-2004, 05:05 PM
Not only was a wrong, but I get a spelling reprimand too!

Do I get a brown star?

You really need a post proof-reader. Or are you testing me with this last post? ;)

No star for you. NEXT!

fp

Troy
11-29-2004, 05:10 PM
Or are you testing me with this last post? ;)

Hell no, I AM the worst typist you've ever seen!