Oddest musical collaborations??? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Oddest musical collaborations???

tugmcmartin
12-15-2003, 08:12 AM
I was driving around town on saturday with my wife looking for a used/new crib for our soon-to-be-son and heard on the all-Christmas, all the time radio station the Bowie/Crosby collaboration on Little Drummer Boy. Got my wheels turnin' and we started discussing what we thought were the oddest musical collaborations. I still can't come up with anything better than Ziggy Stardust and Bing Crosby. Any of you more knowledgable folks out there have any other suggestions???

T-

-Jar-
12-15-2003, 08:46 AM
Soulfly (ex singer from thrash band Sepultura) and Sean Lennon.. great song called "Son Song" that Slosh sent me on a few comps!

Worf101
12-15-2003, 09:20 AM
Sly Stone and Doris Day doing a very stoned rendition of Que Sera Sera... Definately NOT on my top 10.

Da Worfster

Troy
12-15-2003, 10:17 AM
I heard this weekend that William Shatner is actually recording another album.

Guest musicians include Adrian Belew, Ben Folds and Tori Amos.

Scaaaaaary!

Dave_G
12-15-2003, 10:44 AM
They did a Christmas album years ago.

I have it on cd.

Weird as heck but I like it a lot.

Dave

Slosh
12-15-2003, 11:59 AM
Bono and Francis Albert? Calling it awful is an insult to the word awful. The rest of that album is pretty horrid as well.

tentoze
12-15-2003, 02:21 PM
Bono and Francis Albert? Calling it awful is an insult to the word awful. The rest of that album is pretty horrid as well.

Eeeeyew, that does sound dreadful. I can't think of any to add right now, and certainly none that would top THAT ever.

Davey.
12-15-2003, 02:25 PM
Eeeeyew, that does sound dreadful. I can't think of any to add right now, and certainly none that would top THAT ever.
How about Bono and Pavarotti? They've joined pipes in the past. Come to think about it, how about Bono and anybody?

;)

mad rhetorik
12-15-2003, 02:51 PM
How about Bono and Pavarotti? They've joined pipes in the past. Come to think about it, how about Bono and anybody?

Didn't Bono collaborate with Johnny Cash too? Or was that just a one-song cameo thing? I know he was on Zooroopa.

Oddest collaboration? Iggy Pop's latest album Skull Ring features both Sum41 and Green Day as backing bands (ugh!). Fortunately, there's a regrouped Stooges on there as well, but don't run out and get the album--it's simply not very good.

Swish
12-15-2003, 03:04 PM
:p What a strange duo that was.

Hyfi
12-15-2003, 06:14 PM
The other morning just before Ozzy busted a gut, our local station played "I'll Be Stoned For Christmas" with Harry Connick playing Piano with Ozzies drunken profanity. Even with them bleeping it out, I almost drove off the road laughing. Is this old? I never heard it before.