Spyware Tips and Beware & Beware Again [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Spyware Tips and Beware & Beware Again

hershon
11-28-2004, 10:19 PM
This might be helpful to someone having sudden problems with their computer &/or their internet speed. I originally had 5 seperate spyware programs on my computer all of which I paid for except one: Pest Patrol, Ad-Aware SE plus & Nortons 2004 & spybot & Spysweeper which was free and I didn't pay to update. By the way even though Ad-Aware is free the Ad-Aware SE plus is much better and more efficient & will pick up things the free version won't. Anyway, to make a long story short, my internet and computer speed started to slow down & I went through all the above programs & nothing was detected. Finally out of futility, I clicked on the spy sweeper upgrade, ran if and it detected Ad Alnet spyware on my computer- the only way to delete this was to order a full upgrade for a year to Spy Sweeper which I did. My computer & internet are now running alot better. My point of all this is that I recommend anyone who has a problem or potential problem with Spyware to pay for a couple of these spyware programs because one might detect what the others don't. I definately wouldn't rely on 1 sole free program.

N. Abstentia
11-29-2004, 05:12 AM
One could get 5 spyware programs to scan everyday...or one could just refrain from downloading spyware in the first place!

kexodusc
11-29-2004, 07:38 AM
Herhon, buddy, gotta quit visiting them nudie webpages!!! ;)

gonefishin
11-29-2004, 12:49 PM
One could get 5 spyware programs to scan everyday...or one could just refrain from downloading spyware in the first place!

Just from scanning the forums section of audioreview (not clicking any of the banners...strictly staying in the forums) I received 7 different spyware parasites.

Three of which were detected but not of known specifics, one that tracks your browsing habits from website to website and three that track your personal information and browsing habits, as you surf the web.

update often and run often.