TV Viewing Angle? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : TV Viewing Angle?

JamezHill
11-25-2004, 07:55 AM
Just curious as to what angle is recommended to watch TV at? I had a custom TV stand built and I think it is too high. Isn't there a formula for the recommended height or something?

kpzbee
11-25-2004, 08:19 PM
What kind of set is it? If it's a tube, it shouldn't really matter if your comfortable. Is it's a CRT RPTV then the angle would make a difference.

JamezHill
11-25-2004, 11:35 PM
It is a tube. What is RPTV? Its a Toshiba Theaterview i think its around 36" widescreen HD

Geoffcin
11-26-2004, 05:51 AM
It is a tube. What is RPTV? Its a Toshiba Theaterview i think its around 36" widescreen HD

The proper viewing angle is the lowest divergent angle possible. When seated your eye level should be exactly in the center of the screen. Looking down or up will give a distorted view of the picture. With a Rear Projection TV, the screens off axis performance is quite low, and even a few degree shift will cause you to notice a loss of contrast, and brightness. This doesn't happen with direct view CRT screens like yours, but you should still try to have the picture tube line up directly with your seated position.