rotel rsx1056 w/b&w 603s3? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : rotel rsx1056 w/b&w 603s3?

enrique
11-24-2004, 02:21 PM
I'm getting the b&w 603s3 will be using the rotel to power.My question is what would be the proper speaker settings for this setup.My receiver allows for individual crossover settings.Should i set to small /large/sub yes/no etc.Would like to also know what crossover should i use for all the speakers.Use will be 75-80 % ht/tv,rest music.Right now i will be using unmatched center unfortunatly until i can afford the correct one.would appreciate the help.

enrique
11-24-2004, 06:14 PM
I've posted this same question in a cpl of other forum's and have not received a response there either.I'm just trying to do this the correct and proper way.I'm getting the spks in less than a week,and want to be properly prepared when they arrive..

anamorphic96
11-24-2004, 08:50 PM
Hello Enrique,

I will take a stab. Nice receiver and speakers by the way.

Do you have a sub ?
What kind of center do you have ?

With Sub -
Run a 60hz crossover and set the mains to small. Be sure to turn the subs crossover off. Set the sub and mains with an SPL meter to 75db. This should work well and the 60hz crossover should help out with dynamic headroom and let the amps run little easier.

No Sub -
Set the mains to large and turn the sub off.

Set the center to 60hz and small. Or maybe try a an 80hz crossover if its on the small side.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

enrique
11-24-2004, 10:11 PM
when you say turn sub off i gather you mean in the receiver speaker setting.I thought you should turn off sub in the receiver when spkrs are set to large.I have a def.tech. c2 center which i will relace when i can.The sub is also def.tech. 200tl.thanks for the response.

shahrouz
11-25-2004, 06:04 AM
I've posted this same question in a cpl of other forum's and have not received a response there either. ...

Post your question in the following forum (club Rotel) and get more responses:

http://www.htguide.com/forum/forumdisplay.php4?f=20

enrique
11-25-2004, 08:23 AM
i did it was the first place i went.Actually in the B&w forum.Thanks