PSB vs Paradigm [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : PSB vs Paradigm

Guardian
12-14-2003, 06:58 PM
OK, I currently have PSB Image 2B speakers. I have the chance to trade those for brand new Paradigm Studio 40's in veneer at a cost of an extra $450 canadian... is that a good deal? (The PSB's are about 8 months old).

markw
12-14-2003, 08:25 PM
How do they sound to you? Do they sound $450 "better" than what you currently have? Can you justify the expenditure for the enhancment in sound they offer you over what you currently have? That's the best guideline to follow.

P.S... They are BOTH good speakers so, there is really no one "better" than the other.

kexodusc
12-15-2003, 08:08 AM
I'd do the upgrade, but I blow lots of money on stupid things like speakers. We sell both lines, both are very impressive values. My own preference is for the Paradigm because of our experiences with warranty/service issues and the slightly better sound/price they offer (but even that's subjective and just my opinion)...they're great to deal with and satisfaction oriented. But I own PSB Image speakers because I got a better deal on them (employee discounts rule) and until I can afford Paradigm Reference will happily enjoy them.
If $450 is worth it to you go for it. Might be put to use better somewhere else in your system though.

RGA
12-15-2003, 12:01 PM
OK, I currently have PSB Image 2B speakers. I have the chance to trade those for brand new Paradigm Studio 40's in veneer at a cost of an extra $450 canadian... is that a good deal? (The PSB's are about 8 months old).

The 40V2 is a better overall speaker to my ear. I'm assuming this is the V2. The Veneer does nothing for sound.

If it were me I would hold onto the $450.00, be patient and use the money for something better. The 40 is better, but would not be enough to satisfy me over the long haul. In other words while it's better in another less than 8 months I'd be itching to get rid of the 40. Probably after 1 month in my case.

Give them a LONG LONG listen, ignore the reviews if they were always right you'd never see them on the used market. And decide if you can live with the treble...if you can then it's not a bad upgrade and the price seems reasonable...if the V2 version I'd try and get em down another $50.00.

46minaudio
12-15-2003, 12:38 PM
Give them a LONG LONG listen, ignore the reviews

I agree,This also includes RGA's