Purchased Infinity Overture 2s [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Purchased Infinity Overture 2s

kbethune
11-21-2004, 03:28 PM
Hello,

I'm a newb (yeah..i know). :o I recently purchased some Infinity Overture 2 tower speakers. I previously used Infinity RS-5's as my main towers, and I figured this would be a step up. They arrive tomorrow. What does the group think of them, and what other equipment would you recommend mating with them in the future. :cool:

Thanks!

eisforelectronic
11-21-2004, 04:58 PM
Overture 2's are not bad, they are an upgrade from the RS-5's. I always found the built in subs kind of lacking in the overture series. I would also consider the overture to be much better suited for home theater than music listening, although they most certainly were not terrible for music. A CC3 would be a much better match than a CC1. Overture 1's may also be a consideration if you can find them.

kbethune
11-21-2004, 06:37 PM
Overture 2's are not bad, they are an upgrade from the RS-5's. I always found the built in subs kind of lacking in the overture series. I would also consider the overture to be much better suited for home theater than music listening, although they most certainly were not terrible for music. A CC3 would be a much better match than a CC1. Overture 1's may also be a consideration if you can find them.

Thanks! This will be for a theatre application. I'll have the tried & true Velodyne hitting the low notes.

Good suggestion on the CC3. I'll look into it. I thought the overture series made a center? I might be mistaken.

eisforelectronic
11-22-2004, 01:12 AM
Thanks! This will be for a theatre application. I'll have the tried & true Velodyne hitting the low notes.

Good suggestion on the CC3. I'll look into it. I thought the overture series made a center? I might be mistaken.

The CC1, CC2, and CC3 were timbre matched for both the Reference and Overrture series. Infinity never made an Overture center, however they did make a stand so you could lay an Overture 1 on it's side and use it as a center...well sort of a stand.

kbethune
11-22-2004, 03:31 PM
The CC1, CC2, and CC3 were timbre matched for both the Reference and Overrture series. Infinity never made an Overture center, however they did make a stand so you could lay an Overture 1 on it's side and use it as a center...well sort of a stand.

Great. Thank you. I see that eBay has a couple CC-3's for sale. I may pick one up soon. Still waiting for my Overture's to arrive. Can't wait to watch some DVD's with them.