Speaker Cables [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Speaker Cables

dvjorge
12-14-2003, 06:34 PM
Hi everybody,

Here again with more questions. This is a very helpful forum. Somebody know which cable are better between those which have a side with a silver surface or those which are cooper both channel. I have found many of them with transparent insulation and one channel cooper and the other channel silver. Does it have any influence on the quality sound?
Thanks again.
Jorge.

bturk667
12-14-2003, 08:02 PM
Hi everybody,

Here again with more questions. This is a very helpful forum. Somebody know which cable are better between those which have a side with a silver surface or those which are cooper both channel. I have found many of them with transparent insulation and one channel cooper and the other channel silver. Does it have any influence on the quality sound?
Thanks again.
Jorge.

Generally speaking, silver is said to have a brighter and lighter sound quality than copper. Some people recommend using copper for the woofer, and silver for the tweeter, in a bi-amped configuration.

trollgirl
12-14-2003, 08:27 PM
silver color does not usually mean silver metal - it's usually tin-coated copper. I have no idea how this sounds compared to simple copper.

Laz

Rockwell
12-14-2003, 08:54 PM
Hi everybody,

Thanks again.
Jorge.
You mean cable with one side copper color and the other wire siver color? I think that is so that you easily distiguish positve from negative. Pick one color and associate it with positive and stick with it so that you don't mis-wire. It doesn't have anything to do with sound quality. Even if I am not understanding your question, the color of the wire does not effect the sound.