Vcr+ [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Vcr+

radioflier
11-19-2004, 11:01 AM
I'm considering buying a DCD recorder tht has VCR+. Can someone tell me how this feature works?

radioflier
11-19-2004, 11:11 AM
Obviously I meant DVD recorder!

Resident Loser
11-19-2004, 11:30 AM
...it went like this...in your copy of TV Guide the are some code numbers unique to each tele-visual feast the media suits see fit to broadcast...you enter this number via the VCR+ option on your recorder and voila!...no further manual entries required...unfortunately if the game(or anything that precedes the show you wish to record) runs over or there is some other change of plans from the network, the setting(code #) will only record THAT channel for THAT timeframe...with manual entries you can add time to take this into account, w/ VCR Plus you're el stucko to that set of parameters...it may be OK for the daytime soaps or Opry as those viewers get highly ticked if they miss "their shows", but prime-time, etc. is vulnerable...

jimHJJ(...or so I recall...)

radioflier
11-19-2004, 12:11 PM
well that's how I thoutht it works, but what happens if you have cable and the channel numbers in the TV guide don't match up with the cable numbers? For instance, our local CBS channel is broadcast channel 10, but it is on cable channel 5 on our time-warner cable. We do not have a cable box - the cable goes directly into the tv. How is this "translation of channel" handled by VCR+?

Resident Loser
11-19-2004, 12:26 PM
...I haven't a clue...perhaps your cable company can provide that info(a decoder, perhaps) or maybe there is no quick fix...I remember some sort of infra-red "mouse" that sent signals from the VCR to a cable box...butcha' need that $$$box$$$...sorry I can't be of more help...could be someone else out there has had a similar situation...don't have cable, barely watch the toob as it is

jimHJJ(...just my "thirteen channels of $h!t on the TV to choose from"...and the odd tape...)