A 52" HDTV for $798 New at Circuit City [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : A 52" HDTV for $798 New at Circuit City

hershon
11-19-2004, 07:37 AM
It looks like Circuit City will have a major sellout this weekend as they just listed an HD Ready 52" Widescreen for $798. Anyone ever hear of an Akai PT5299HD? If I didn't have my Mitsubishi 48" HD, I probably would have gotten this for the price and worry about the details later!

JSE
11-19-2004, 09:44 AM
It looks like Circuit City will have a major sellout this weekend as they just listed an HD Ready 52" Widescreen for $798. Anyone ever hear of an Akai PT5299HD? If I didn't have my Mitsubishi 48" HD, I probably would have gotten this for the price and worry about the details later!

What's that saying? "You get what you pay for". Akai has been around for a while but everything I have seen from them has been lower end stuff and cheap prices. Depending on the use, they may be a good option for some.

JSE

hershon
11-19-2004, 02:30 PM
I totally agree you get what you pay for. I basically put this up because if I say had a limited budget of under $1000 and I couldn't save for the next year and I wanted a large screen HD real badly, something is better than nothing. I have seen Sony large screens and similar name brands listed for as low as $1200.