Line Conditioner [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Line Conditioner

mjmagaw
11-19-2004, 01:51 AM
I just spent (relatively) a lot of money on separates and a new HDTV. I also purchased a Monster HTS 5100 for $549.
Is it necessary or a waste of funds?

kode3
11-19-2004, 05:38 AM
I have the 2600 ($349) and I like it... The black on my t.v. is much darker, and my noise floor have droped a great deal. I would try it on you new system for a couple of weeks, then take it off. If you don't notice a big difference, take it back.

Rycher
11-19-2004, 07:00 AM
I just spent (relatively) a lot of money on separates and a new HDTV. I also purchased a Monster HTS 5100 for $549.
Is it necessary or a waste of funds?

Did you hook it up? Did you notice any change. Any changes will probably be small in picture clarity, but the biggest benifit will be in protection. That's one hell of a system protector with plenty of bells and whistles that you may find usefull as your system grows.

bignerd100
11-19-2004, 09:24 AM
Best conditioners/surge protectors for the money- Trip-Lite brand.

Little need for conditioners unless you have TV with parts that spin (DLP)
Little need for conditioners in audio unless you have very high resolution speakers. Even then it will be most useful on CD players, turntables, and DVD players. They are most sensitive to power fluctuations and draw little current (can use a smaller and less expensive conditioner).