subs [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : subs

mjmagaw
11-19-2004, 01:46 AM
I have a large room that will be dedicated to my home theater, approx 30'x20'. I read that having two subs will make the placement issues much easier.
I have all Energy speakers. Veritas 2.4i Mains, 2.0ci Center, 2.0ri Surrounds and two EXLS 12.2 Subs.
Do I just use a spiltter from my Pre/Pro?
Are two less expensive subs ($650) better than one that is more expensive?
Any suggestions on placement?

bignerd100
11-19-2004, 09:57 AM
It is much better to invest in one flexable sub than two cheap subs. Cheap subs do more wrong than they do right.

Martin Logan has the Grotto ($1,000) that gives you all of the flexability of their flagship sub (which retails for $2,800) but only one woofer rather than three.

The step down (Dynamo $599) is smaller and performs to 85% of what the Grotto does. It does not give you all of the control that the Grotto does but it is easier to place due to size. A pair of Dynamos would be awesome. Or a simgle Dynamo.

Good luck.

PAT.P
11-19-2004, 08:32 PM
I have a large room that will be dedicated to my home theater, approx 30'x20'. I read that having two subs will make the placement issues much easier.
I have all Energy speakers. Veritas 2.4i Mains, 2.0ci Center, 2.0ri Surrounds and two EXLS 12.2 Subs.
Do I just use a spiltter from my Pre/Pro?
Are two less expensive subs ($650) better than one that is more expensive?
Any suggestions on placement?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I have two sub conected to my receiver with " Y" splitter.As for less expensive would you mean two smaller compare to a larger .As for placement I have one at each corner two feet out and pointing at seating arrangement (angle).Pat.P