more sound from the right speaker [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : more sound from the right speaker

marky
11-18-2004, 09:44 PM
i had my tivo hooked up to my receiver via fiber optics. for some reason theres speaker voice coming out of the right and center channel but not the left. all i hear on the left channel is a music. any idea why this is happening? its only for certain channels though. some channels i hear distortion from the speakers like some sci fi alien signal. thats only if i put my ears to the surround and left and right speakers. im using a rxv 2400. this doesnt happen with dvds or cds. please help me figure this out! thanks

JSE
11-19-2004, 06:57 AM
Sounds like either a bad cable or a bad tivo box. Try switching out the cable. If the problem is still there, then you likely have a bad Tivo box. Not sure about your Tivo box configuration but you might also try a Digtial-Coax cable instead of the Toslink. Might just be the optical input on the Tivo box. Toslink and Coax are basically even in terms of performance.

Also, try running the Tivo though another input on your receiver like DVD or something else. Could be something wrong with the input on the receiver but this is not as likely as the first two options.

JSE.