Cambridge Audio problems and how to reach them?? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Cambridge Audio problems and how to reach them??

Walker
11-18-2004, 03:15 PM
Since a week or 2 I have major problems with my 3 month old Azur 540 C cd-player. It stops without a reason (brand new cd's) and gets stuck and won't even stop or re-play. The only way to get it to work again is to unplug.
Also my azur 540 A amp. has problems, the speaker connects are bad and I have to juggle the speaker cables to get both channels to work again.
Now the real problem: I cannot reach CA, all the emails I send them get returned and the phone # does not exist anymore. I used the contact info from their website.
Does anyone now how to get a hold of them?
Thanks,
Walker
:confused:

Worf101
11-19-2004, 07:04 AM
Better Business Bureau, try leaving emails at their website, and directory assistence are all I can tell you to try. Good luck and I really hope you don't get screwed...

Da Worfster :cool:

dean_martin
11-19-2004, 08:16 AM
Have you tried going through your dealer for warranty service? If that's not an option, scan the CA 540A vs. NAD 320BEE thread on the amps/preamps board. A Cambridge Audio US distributor rep is a member here and he has posted on the amps/preamps board. If you're in the US (or anywhere outside the UK) you probably need to contact the distributor rather than the manufacturer.

CA generally stand behind their products, especially if you bought new w/warranty from an authorized dealer. I had to send back one of their older D300 cd players for warranty repair. It froze up and display was very dim. I went through my dealer and received satisfactory service. Problem was fixed and no problems since. Good luck and keep us up to date on CA's service of their new Azur lines.

N. Abstentia
11-19-2004, 10:21 AM
Yeah your best course is to get with the dealer where you bought them. They may even do an over the counter exchange possibly.

bignerd100
11-19-2004, 10:36 AM
I assume you saved a small amount of money by purchasing these items via the internet? The North American distributor for Cmbridge is Audio Plus Services. Call 1-800-663-9352. Talk to Simon.

topspeed
11-19-2004, 10:42 AM
Definitely talk to your dealer. Mine helped me straight away when my volume pot went haywire. I think they need to update their website because if I remember, the info is not correct. As Dean noted, Tons of Fun is a member here and he's tech support for CA out of England. You might also PM him and see what he recommends.

Sorry to hear about your problems. I can state that after the volume pot was replaced, both my 540a and 540c have been flawless.

Good luck.

jt1stcav
11-22-2004, 10:33 AM
Now I'm worried about my demo azur 640C CD player I bought at discount from AudioAdvisor.com. I'm sure if I have any problems with it (none so far, knock on wood), I can call them and return it for service/refund, whatever they recommend. No one likes getting screwed over, and it bothers me that you originally contacted Cambridge Audio themselves and they never returned your request for help. That's lousy customer service if you ask me, no matter where you bought their product from!

Tons of Fun
11-25-2004, 04:14 AM
As some people have stated I do periodically pop 'round here but I am UK based so if you have an issue with a product across the pond, I can provide some verbal assistance but really you need to speak to the dealer and if that fails, Simon is generally willing to help wherever he can.
Ed