Most Hackneyed" or worst Movie Lines you ever heard. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Most Hackneyed" or worst Movie Lines you ever heard.

Worf101
11-18-2004, 11:16 AM
"IIt's quiet in here... too quiet..."

To paraphrase the above phrase... It's been too quiet around the FF forum last couple of days. What the hell you'all doin out there, playing "Half Life 2"? I've been playing "Far Cry" myself. I know you're all down with the "preholiday blues" but lets hear some noise out here.

1. "It's quiet out there.... too quiet..." - Without a doubt it's enough to make you cringe.

2. "Say Hello to my little friend!" - I don't know how this catchphrase became such a cultural Icon, I thought the whole movie was laughable. I mean C'mon Paacino's accent was almost as bad as Jar Jar Binks'.

3. "I'm gettin' to old for this *****" - Like bad buddy cop movies, this line makes me groan when it's uttered by some grizzled vet.

4. "Turn in your badge and gun." - Please, hand it to the man, so I can leave this friggin movie already.

5. "If I thought you felt the same way too I'd...." - Okay, I think she can tell you like her, I mean damn that boner's kinda hard to hide.

Let me know what ya think folks...

Da Worfster :cool:

Dusty Chalk
11-18-2004, 02:08 PM
"Showtime."

Except when uttered by Bruce Campbell or George Clooney, and I don't think either of them has.

topspeed
11-18-2004, 02:13 PM
"Showtime."

Except when uttered by Bruce Campbell or George Clooney, and I don't think either of them has.
Bruce Cambell! That guy has uttered some of the best catch phrases in all of moviedom.

"This is my Boomstick!"

JSE
11-18-2004, 02:19 PM
All of Arnold's catch phrases. Except for maybe "It's naut a Tuma!"

JSE

Dusty Chalk
11-19-2004, 06:52 PM
Bruce Cambell! That guy has uttered some of the best catch phrases in all of moviedom.

"This is my Boomstick!"I concur!

"Groovy."

There's just something in the delivery that makes me smile.

trollgirl
11-19-2004, 06:59 PM
"Captain I must protest. I am NOT a 'Merry Man!!!!!!!'"

Laz

Worf101
11-20-2004, 10:47 AM
"Captain I must protest. I am NOT a 'Merry Man!!!!!!!'"

Laz

Are NOT funny!!!

Actually that was pretty good. Ya got me oooohhhh....... :cool:

topspeed
11-20-2004, 05:10 PM
Worfster,

I was watching The Rock this morning before the games come on and sure enough, Sean Connery utters "I'm getting too old for this!"

I immediately thought of you and started laughing my a$$ off!

BTW, I had forgotten how horrible that movie actually was until today.

Ughh...

Worf101
11-22-2004, 07:40 AM
Worfster,

I was watching The Rock this morning before the games come on and sure enough, Sean Connery utters "I'm getting too old for this!"

I immediately thought of you and started laughing my a$$ off!

BTW, I had forgotten how horrible that movie actually was until today.

Ughh...

LOL, now you got me laughin' Sad ain't it? In a hundred plus years of makin' movies, they still come up with the same ole crap... sigh...

Thanks for sharing....

Da Worfster
:cool:

Kam
11-22-2004, 12:23 PM
these always have the most cliche'd lines, and subtext that goes with them.

"i'll go check it out" (by myself, alone, so no one will have any idea what happens to me, just like the last several people who went off alone to check something out, and never returned, but that won't happen to me, because i'm different from them and can't die, since the prerequisite black guy was killed first, the blonde teenie bopper with a big rack showed her goodies and was killed, and me, i'm the high school jock, i can't possibly die, so... i'll go check it out)).

"what was that" (it couldn't possibly be the thing and/or person that has been killing everyone, could it? nah, am sure it's just a cute squirrel foraging for nuts here in this abandoned factory while concurrently also hiding from the maniac with a machete as are we, so what could it possible be?)

"is anyone there?" (no, of course not, why would the thing that has been trying to kill you surreptitiously for the last 40+ minutes now, by the grace of jim caviezel, decide to announce his presence in dramatic fashion with a resounding, "Yes, it's me! the thing that has been trying to kill you for the last 40+ minutes!)
(thank god 28 days later brilliantly avoided this one just with a simple "hello!?")

:)
peace
k2

kexodusc
11-23-2004, 05:27 AM
Worfster never ceases to amaze me with his cool thread ideas:

I always hate the "Whatever you do...don't (insert thing to not do here)."

This is a really bad way of delivering the premise of the movie...but it worked for Nightmare on Elm Street...the first time.

Worf101
11-23-2004, 08:37 AM
these always have the most cliche'd lines, and subtext that goes with them.

"i'll go check it out" (by myself, alone, so no one will have any idea what happens to me, just like the last several people who went off alone to check something out, and never returned, but that won't happen to me, because i'm different from them and can't die, since the prerequisite black guy was killed first, the blonde teenie bopper with a big rack showed her goodies and was killed, and me, i'm the high school jock, i can't possibly die, so... i'll go check it out)).

"what was that" (it couldn't possibly be the thing and/or person that has been killing everyone, could it? nah, am sure it's just a cute squirrel foraging for nuts here in this abandoned factory while concurrently also hiding from the maniac with a machete as are we, so what could it possible be?)

"is anyone there?" (no, of course not, why would the thing that has been trying to kill you surreptitiously for the last 40+ minutes now, by the grace of jim caviezel, decide to announce his presence in dramatic fashion with a resounding, "Yes, it's me! the thing that has been trying to kill you for the last 40+ minutes!)
(thank god 28 days later brilliantly avoided this one just with a simple "hello!?")

:)
peace
k2

I'm crying I'm laffin' so hard. This was priceless. You were never more "right-on" with these. Ohhh, it hurts. Phew... that's funny. I almost want to say "land shark". LOL, I can't stand it. Ahem, as the prerequisite "Black Cannon Fodder" on this board I must inform you that it's in the SAG rules that Black Guy has to die an excrutiatingly horrible death in the first 15 minutes of any horror film. I liked the fact that "Deep Blue Sea" I think it was, played with this fact greatly.

Da Worfster :D

Worf101
11-23-2004, 08:41 AM
Worfster never ceases to amaze me with his cool thread ideas:

I always hate the "Whatever you do...don't (insert thing to not do here)."

This is a really bad way of delivering the premise of the movie...but it worked for Nightmare on Elm Street...the first time.

Yeah, been heard a million times if heard once. But you left out the "other shoe". The fact that, whatever they tell them NOT to do, they immediately go out and DO!!!! Friggin' idiots. The time I groaned most at this was that awful film "Dreamcatcher". Man's on the toilt keeping the creature from going up his bum, so, does he do what his friend said to do which was keep his ass glued to the terlit. NO..."whatever you do keep yer buns on that commode". Well, we all know what happened now don't we.

Da Worfster :cool:

kexodusc
11-23-2004, 08:51 AM
You saw where I was going with that perfectly, Worf...

I watched "The Ring" again recently...and first thing I thought was, if someone told me I would die watching a freakin' movie, and submitted a bunch of dead people as proof of this, I probably wouldn't watch da freakin' movie. But "The Ring" was probably an exception to my rant, that movie gave me a good scare. Didn't think it was cheese-ball at all.

I think "Gremlins 2" summed it up best...There were 3 things you couldn't do to a Gremlin, feeding after midnight (AST, EST, PST? did they ever specify?), getting them wet, and uhhh..what was the third one..."bright lights" or something...after proving that they shouldn't be done in "Gremlins", we didn't learn our lesson, and the whole city almost got destroyed in Gremlins 2...damn, I like them Gremlins movies...'cept the part where the Hulkster interrupted the middle of the movie.

But thas just me...