Hey Chip, or other Trower fans [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Hey Chip, or other Trower fans

Hyfi
11-18-2004, 08:40 AM
Not sure if this crossed my radar before or not. In the middle of the booklet that comes with the 20th Anniversary Tull disk is a family tree of all the Tull groupings as well as bands that were offsprings of Tull. One of the bands featuring drummer Clive Bunker is "Jude" with Trower and Dewar.(1970-71) It was a short lived band and I'm not sure if they ever cut an album or not. Anyone hear this band or have any input?

Chip, you must have some of this.

Chip_B
11-19-2004, 06:28 PM
Not sure if this crossed my radar before or not. In the middle of the booklet that comes with the 20th Anniversary Tull disk is a family tree of all the Tull groupings as well as bands that were offsprings of Tull. One of the bands featuring drummer Clive Bunker is "Jude" with Trower and Dewar.(1970-71) It was a short lived band and I'm not sure if they ever cut an album or not. Anyone hear this band or have any input?

Interesting...I've always assumed Trower went 'solo' (with Dewar on bass and Reggie Isadore on drums) right after Procol Harum and that Dewar joined him directly from Stone the Crows. I've never heard of 'Jude', but if they ever cut a record, I'd love to find it.

Chip_B
11-19-2004, 06:33 PM

Just found this: http://www.rockdetector.com/artist,4782.sm

I knew Trower had worked with Frankie Miller before, but didn't recall when or the name of the band. It's a shame they never recorded...Miller was a talented guy. I've got one of his albums around here someplace.

Hyfi
11-20-2004, 05:48 AM
Just found this: http://www.rockdetector.com/artist,4782.sm

I knew Trower had worked with Frankie Miller before, but didn't recall when or the name of the band. It's a shame they never recorded...Miller was a talented guy. I've got one of his albums around here someplace.

Yeah, thats all I found also.