Godsmack Faceless ROCKS!! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Godsmack Faceless ROCKS!!

Mr Peabody
11-17-2004, 12:52 PM
Until Faceless I have never owned any Godsmack. I heard their first album and a couple tracks were good, like Voodoo but they just weren't my thing. I'm not into moaning and groaning vocals. Maybe in other places but not male vocals. I guess we can thank Grunge for this style and apparently it must appeal to some. Anyway I really liked Stand Alone and the sound bites I heard from the other songs sounded pretty good so I picked up Faceless. This album is great. It's full of straight forward, balls to the wall R&R. You've got your rage, distortion, thunder, furrocious drumming and killer lead guitar, not so much groaning, more like your typical screaming, and that, my kids is a good recipe for rock and roll.

So agree or disagree?

Slosh
11-17-2004, 01:46 PM
So agree or disagree?

You tell me :p

They sound like a mix of Alice In Chains, Pantera, and Days Of The New. Problem is they sound too much like them.

mad rhetorik
11-18-2004, 01:29 PM
Godsmack: <b>Faceless</b>. Most appropriate album title ever, IMO. ; P Typical generic mainstream unoriginal hard rawk sludge.

Little more than a Alice In Chains cover band (c'mon now, where do you think their name comes from?).

nobody
11-18-2004, 01:48 PM
I did like the one with Voodoo on there. I can't remember what it was called. Then again, I like Alice in Chains. Dirt kicks major ass.

My wife really likes these guys, so I'm bound to hear this eventually.

Slosh
11-18-2004, 03:03 PM
Godsmack: <b>Faceless</b>. Most appropriate album title ever, IMO. ; P Typical generic mainstream unoriginal hard rawk sludge.

Little more than a Alice In Chains cover band (c'mon now, where do you think their name comes from?).

Hmmm. . . . Faceless vs. Facelift. I wonder if their next album is gonna be called Can Of Flies :D

Mr Peabody
11-19-2004, 09:24 PM
Like I said this is the only Godsmack album I have and Dirt is the only Alice in Chains I have, so I'm not an expert on either band, but I don't hear the parallel between them unless it's that they are both hard. I personally like Faceless much better than Dirt, although Wood is one of my favorite songs. It's pretty hard to find much originality in hard rock anyway. Faceless with the great lead solos is almost old school metal sounding. To me if I was going to compare Faceless to another band it leaned toward Creed's harder songs.