Ok, no one at Obner wanted this. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Ok, no one at Obner wanted this.

Finch Platte
11-15-2004, 05:13 PM
Maybe you guys have better taste :p

Suddenly Everything's Ruined

1 R.E.M- Final Straw (MoveOn mix)
2 Maura O'Connell- Spinning Wheel
3 Jay Farrar- Doesn't Have To Be This Way
4 Lucinda Williams- Pyramid Of Dreams (from the Por Vida CD: Tribute To The Songs Of Alejandro Escovedo)
5 Everlast- Broken
6 Camper Van Beethoven- 51-7
7 Keane- Bend And Break
8 Peter Case- Wake Up Call
9 Lisa Loeb- Fools Like Me
10 Allison Moorer- I Ain't Giving Up On You
11 Garrison Starr- Hey Girl
12 Elvis Costello- Monkey To Man
13 Paul Westerberg- Looking Up In Heaven
14 Death Cab For Cutie- This Temporary Life
15 Fountains Of Wayne- Everything's Ruined (acoustic)
16 Cowboy Junkies- Stars Of Our Stars
17 Slaid Cleaves- Wishbones
18 The Velvet Teen- Forlorn
19 Tift Merritt- Wait It Out
20 Old 97's- Northern Line

It's got a good flow, it's fairly mellow and there are some fairly rare tracks from yer fave bands (and soon-to-be). If you'd like a compy, lemme know. No exchanges neccessary but are welcomed.

fp

Dusty Chalk
11-15-2004, 06:59 PM
Hey! You've heard Velvet Teen and you didn't espouse an opinion in my reply-less Velvet Teen thread? :(

Finch Platte
11-15-2004, 07:55 PM
Hey! You've heard Velvet Teen and you didn't espouse an opinion in my reply-less Velvet Teen thread? :(

I didn't see your post. Why are some of the posts highlighted and some not? If I haven't read the post, leave it highlighted, guddammit!

Anyhoo- I've only heard one song off this disc. I got it from a compilation I got from Dimples. You don't miss the guitar. It (the song) sounds a bit amateurish, with quavering vocals over piano/bass/drums, and later, the orchestra comes in. Might be interesting live. :p It's a good tune, but hard to judge what the rest of the disc might sound like. Have you heard anything from it? If not, I'll send you a compy- at no charge to you. :cool: Aight?

fp

Dusty Chalk
11-15-2004, 09:23 PM
I have no idea why it wasn't highlighted. When I come back to this site, the ones that are highlighted are the ones I haven't read yet. I don' have nuthin' to do with it.

Responded via email to your other thing.