How to wire Dayton compression style banana plugs.. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : How to wire Dayton compression style banana plugs..

cjtalbot
11-15-2004, 08:31 AM
Hey all,

Here are the plugs in question:

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=091-330

Now, I know how to wire them if I were willing to run the wire in from the side...but..

Does anyone know how to wire these if I wish to run the wire from the 'bottom' up the hole in the hole in the center of the 'screw'?

I would think that I would bring the wire up the hole, and than over the compression plug and than screw it tight?

But the problem is that I simply can not fit my 12g wire past the compression plug..

Any ideas?

C

BRANDONH
11-15-2004, 10:10 AM
Hey all,

Here are the plugs in question:

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=091-330

Now, I know how to wire them if I were willing to run the wire in from the side...but..

Does anyone know how to wire these if I wish to run the wire from the 'bottom' up the hole in the hole in the center of the 'screw'?

I would think that I would bring the wire up the hole, and than over the compression plug and than screw it tight?

But the problem is that I simply can not fit my 12g wire past the compression plug..

Any ideas?

C

Up through the hole and spread the wires like an umbrella around the screw in part.
Trim the wires so none touch threads.

cjtalbot
11-15-2004, 12:25 PM
Thanks man, that makes a ton of sense.

corwin99
11-15-2004, 03:17 PM
You can use either hole.. you can use the hole in the sides if you wish, that will allow you to piggy back another banana in the back for example if you are using Banana Jumper Cables.

I have these bananas and i dont like them.. they are not sized right when i plug them into some binding posts they "pop-out" ... i've also have problems with the other Dayton Bananas.. the more expensive black ones.. the fins on the bananas got all mashed out and no longer spring.