Help With Two Receivers to One Device [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Help With Two Receivers to One Device

noahheck
11-13-2004, 12:10 PM
Hello,

I am looking for some help so I hope somebody can give it to me. Here is my situation. I am looking to hook two receivers to one dvd player. Currently the player is hooked up to the main receiver using a coax. So, what I am trying to do is hook up another receiver which will feed two speakers in addition to what the main receiver is feeding.

How do I do this?

I appreciate your help.

PAT.P
11-13-2004, 03:13 PM
Why? Dont want to buy another DVD ?Is the two receiver hook up for one room or does one feeds another room? Pat.P

noahheck
11-13-2004, 03:39 PM
Pat,

Frankly, I do not get the kind of performance from my polk floorstandings now that they are hooked up to a surround receiver. When they were connected to a non-surround receiver, I got a whole lot more bass and overall volume. I've messed with the settings and have them turned up on the receiver itself.

Same Room.

I'm really just trying to get the power I had from them before.

Assuming I wanted to run the same sound to another room, what would you do then?

Thanks,

Noah

PAT.P
11-13-2004, 03:53 PM
[QUOTE=noahheck]Pat,

Frankly, I do not get the kind of performance from my polk floorstandings now that they are hooked up to a surround receiver. When they were connected to a non-surround receiver, I got a whole lot more bass and overall volume. I've messed with the settings and have them turned up on the receiver itself.

Same Room.

__________________________________________________ ________________________

What are your receivers(2 chanel and surround) maybe speaker needs more power to push them are they 8 ohm speaker 6 or 4 ?Is your receiver set to large or small speaker?Please list your info !Your dvd will not play the same on a two chanel receiver cant do 5.1 and so on .Movie also wont be the same .Pat.P

PAT.P
11-13-2004, 04:33 PM
[QUOTE=PAT.P][QUOTE=noahheck]Pat,

Same Room.

__________________________________________________ ________________________

Check your equipment and they are 8 ohm. Your going to reset your Sony again .Do you have your manual ? You have to go to set up and choose size of speaker and your going to set all speaker tone ( try to bring the tone up the most for your front) As for the bass you do have the sub.I got a Sony also and had power failure add to reset all over again .My front are Dahlquist QX9 6ohm and dont have any problem with volume .I set speaker at large also and set tone to blend with other.Make sure your centre does'nt overtake all other speaker(brought mine down to hear my towers) Pat.P

noahheck
11-13-2004, 04:43 PM
Pat,

Good point. I'm trying so hard to make the voice best, that maybe I am overtaking the towers.

The other receiver is a 4 ch Sony as well - but not a surround. I've used the receiver with the towers before I got my surround rec and they were VERY powerful. I suppose I was just a little disappointed at how much the performance dropped with the new receiver. I am using the NEO 6: Cinema setting on the surround rec currently.

I'm going to try to set the thing up again, hopefully I will have some luck.

But again, if you wanted to put a couple speakers in another room, what would you do?

Thanks,

Noah

PAT.P
11-13-2004, 07:59 PM
[But again, if you wanted to put a couple speakers in another room, what would you do?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Honestly I would buy another DVD ,for the price .I running 3 of them one on each floor.I bought one for $ 69 at BESTBUY progressive scan /mp3 /jpeg/ect ect. The only I could see is having a splitter at dvd out and from there going to two receiver input.Radio Shack has a 2 way or three way stereo/video selector also.For this one you have to turn the switch .Or get "Y" connector (I use these for my two sub.Pat.P