Sony 300 disc DVD changer? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Sony 300 disc DVD changer?

J*E*Cole
11-12-2004, 02:46 PM
Sony has this 400 disc DVD changer that sounds like a pretty good idea, and was wondering if anyone who uses one would like to comment on it's performance and value etc...? I am considering it strongly because it can play SACD's. I would appreciate ANY input at all.

Thank you very much!!!

jeskibuff
11-13-2004, 05:55 AM
I have 2 Sony changers which get the most use in my system. I've had the 300+1 CDP-CX350 (CD only) for several years now with never a problem with it. Sometimes it'll be playing most of the day, so it gets a lot of hours racked up on it.

I've had the 400-disc DVP-CX777ES for about a year now and it's the same story...good reliable operation and gets a decent amount of use. It can play CDs, DVDs and SACDs.

I love the carousel convenience of both players. Discs get minimal handling which means the slimmest chance of them getting damaged. I've now got a computerized cataloging system that keeps track of where I can easily find each disc, when I heard it last and other details. See the attached picture for a screen shot. The inability to easily locate CDs seems to be the biggest complaint with carousel owners.

It's also nice to eliminate the necessity to store all those CDs in their boxes on a rack somewhere. I've got all my empty CD cases in boxes, just waiting for the next time I move, requiring me to spend several hours unloading the hundreds of discs from the players.