Hard hitting 2-channel speakers? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Hard hitting 2-channel speakers?

madmax1
11-10-2004, 03:00 PM
Hey i was wondering what a good hard hitting 2-channel speaker would be for rock and pop music? Was looking at cerwin-vegas and klisph for about $300-$400 dollars, just want some party speakers to beat on. Dont want to blast through my paradigm studio's.
Thanks.

Sir Terrence the Terrible
11-10-2004, 03:13 PM
Hey i was wondering what a good hard hitting 2-channel speaker would be for rock and pop music? Was looking at cerwin-vegas and klisph for about $300-$400 dollars, just want some party speakers to beat on. Dont want to blast through my paradigm studio's.
Thanks.

Stick with Cerwin and Klipsch. For rock and pop nothing slams harder.

madmax1
11-10-2004, 05:07 PM
Stick with Cerwin and Klipsch. For rock and pop nothing slams harder.
which seris would you go with for each brand?

Erukian
11-12-2004, 12:13 PM
I would go for the Klispch RB-25's or RB-35's.

I found if you want Klipsch Reference speakers, the cheapest (and most trusted) way to buy them is either talk down a guy at good guys or buy it off brandnamez.com. I know brandnamez.com just sounds like a flakey company, but I assure you their professional, quick, newegg-ish customer support. Nothing bad to say. They even offer a very nice warranty you can slap on. It's where I got my RB-25's, totally great rock speakers.

Keep in mind though, your gonna need a sub to match up with these, I'd recommend the HSU STF-2 if you don't have one chosen already. It's the same sub as the VTF-2 (search this site for many great reviews) just without the maximum-volume mode, but my STF-2 still cranks super loud, i never want to bring it up more than halfway.