Anton Fier re-release news [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Anton Fier re-release news

Dusty Chalk
12-13-2003, 01:53 PM
This (http://www.tzadik.com/CDSections/KeySeries/fier.html) is already out. I know it's been on Davey's wish list like forever, and I think masonjar either has or has heard these two releases, and possibly someone else -- cc? I forget.

Anyway, they've been re-released with two bonus tracks, and at a decent price.

(JIC the link's not working, it's the Dreamspeed and Blind Light records. Some of my favourite music from Anton Fier of Golden Palominos fame.)

NP: Múm, Yesterday Was Dramatic - Today is OK -- just picked this up, thanks to a friend who had set it aside for me.

-Jar-
12-13-2003, 02:37 PM
This (http://www.tzadik.com/CDSections/KeySeries/fier.html) is already out. I know it's been on Davey's wish list like forever, and I think masonjar either has or has heard these two releases, and possibly someone else -- cc? I forget.

Anyway, they've been re-released with two bonus tracks, and at a decent price.

(JIC the link's not working, it's the Dreamspeed and Blind Light records. Some of my favourite music from Anton Fier of Golden Palominos fame.)

NP: Múm, Yesterday Was Dramatic - Today is OK -- just picked this up, thanks to a friend who had set it aside for me.

yea I have them both. The DREAMSPEED was harder to find than the BLIND LIGHT.. I found the BLIND LIGHT on CDnow about 4 years ago. I finally got the DREAMSPEED on ebay. Anyway, good to hear they're reissued.. I may or may not pick them up depending on what I hear about the bonus tracks.

-jar

Davey.
12-13-2003, 03:30 PM
I know it's been on Davey's wish list like forever
It has? How do you know? I can't find it on no stinkin' wishlist!

But yeah, thanks for the info, dusty fella. I'll add it now. We have talked about that Anton guy before but all I have is that Golden Palominos retrospective thingy. If it's more than a couple years old, I just forget about it :)

Dusty Chalk
12-13-2003, 05:11 PM
That's like, </I>so<I> 'yesterday'.Yeah, well don't even get me started. There's a lot of things that you like (the Kinks, T-Rex) that I just don't "get".

C'mon dude, this is timeless music. Lyricless vocals from Lori Carson among others, Bootsy playing guitar (I thought he was a bassist) -- and going a little apesiht on the wah-wah pedal -- Buckethead being the most subdued I've ever heard him. And don't even get me started on Laswell.

Boom...boom...boom...boom...

Chik...chik...chik...chik...

(That's my pseudo-HTML impression of dub.)

And sorry about getting that wrong about your wishlist. I thought it was. I knew we talked about it before, I just forgot the exact context.

Davey.
12-13-2003, 06:37 PM
There's a lot of things that you like (the Kinks, T-Rex) that I just don't "get".
Ahhhh, well you see, most of the things I listen to you don't have to "get". Who don't like T. Rex? They were the most popular band in the world back in the early 70s! Have you ever really listened to Electric Warrior or The Slider? Pure fun captured forever in plastic. Now that's timeless!

<i>Beneath the bebop moon
I want to croon with you
Beneath the Mambo Sun
I got to be the one with you
</i>

I'll trade you. A disc of Bolan for a disc of Fier. You listen and report and I'll listen and report. We'll see which is the "most" timeless. Ya know, T. Rex ruled the world until that big meteor came along :)

http://lookinside2-images.amazon.com/Qffs+v35leqb0GDX/Qx6Grv7NHS1QUxHN6AU4Gr76lpife4wMGVSoiFyLW75gw48