HDTV/progressive scan question [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : HDTV/progressive scan question

keviinmc
11-09-2004, 08:46 PM
i just bought a 36" sony hdtv(KV-36HS420) and was wondering if i run the component cords from the dvd player to my receiver in order to get the progressive scan picture, does my receiver(Pioneer VSX-D812) have to have some sort of HD compatability, or will it automatically send the progressive image to the tv? Or do i have to run component cords from my receiver to my tv as opposed to a coax video cord? it does not mention anything about HD signals in my receiver manual. any advice would be much appreciated. thanks

PAT.P
11-09-2004, 09:19 PM
i just bought a 36" sony hdtv(KV-36HS420) and was wondering if i run the component cords from the dvd player to my receiver in order to get the progressive scan picture, does my receiver(Pioneer VSX-D812) have to have some sort of HD compatability, or will it automatically send the progressive image to the tv? Or do i have to run component cords from my receiver to my tv as opposed to a coax video cord? it does not mention anything about HD signals in my receiver manual. any advice would be much appreciated. thanks
I plug my progressive scan dvd to the receiver via component input .The receiver picks up the info (dolby digital ,dts 5.1/6.1 ) and sends info to speaker for sound .For the HD you need a cable box .From the receiver run the component cords to the tv.Pat.P

Smokey
11-09-2004, 09:28 PM
Or do i have to run component cords from my receiver to my tv as opposed to a coax video cord?

Progressive scan signal (Via DVD player) is only send thru Component connection output. So component from DVD player to receiver, and then component from receiver to TV. Or you can skip receiver route completely and go strait from DVD player to TV-if you have "extra" component inputs on your TV.

If your receiver have component video connection capability, its bandwidth is usually stated. Anything above 30 MHz bandwidth should be alright for HD [or progressive] signal passing thru it :)