Advice on a Kenwood DV-6050 DVD player [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Advice on a Kenwood DV-6050 DVD player

MOJO
11-08-2004, 04:44 PM
Hello,
I bought a Kenwood DV-6050 2 years ago. I had to return it due to it was skipping DVD-V and would not play any video DVDs. I exchanged it for another Kenwoo DV-6050 thinking that I just had a bad penny. But the second one is doing the same thing. I purchased it through crutchfield, and I sent it to them for repairs. I got it back, and it did the same thing again in 2 weeks after the repair. They refuse to give me a exchange due to this product is discontinued by Kenwood. They reported it had a average return rate. The tech support people tried to tell me it has to be external and not internal problem. But I do not believe that, I take good care of my electronics (e.g. separate electronics from subwoofer vibration, keep in a well ventilated area, etc). I know that the laser is becoming misaligned, and I feel that this is a problem with this product internally. I payed $300 for this DVD player and I should not have to repair it 3 times already. I know it will keep breaking. I am looking for supportive info to pass on to crutchfield about this topic. I am hoping they will give me a exchange, since my 1 year warrenty is not up till Jan 2005. Does anyone have any info for me or any advice to get my exchange. Thank you.

N. Abstentia
11-08-2004, 07:39 PM
Wait..you bought it 2 years ago, but then you have 3 months left on your 1-year warranty? Something does not add up.