Infinity Intermezzo 4.1t [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Infinity Intermezzo 4.1t

xx549xx
11-06-2004, 03:20 PM
I just bought these for mains from a dealer that used them as demo models.

I have a harman Kardon AVR7300 receiver that I just bought new.

Problem: Both powered subs went out last night, 1 week after hooking the system up. I do play music and movies quite loudly, but I feel that the AVR puts out very clean power, and that the Intermezzo series Infinity speakers should be able to handle with no issue, since they are rated well within the HK output range.

Am I wrong?

Hopefully, the repairs will correct the issue that may have been present due to them being used, and it wont reoccur. I am nervous now that maybe the Infinity's cannot handle the AVR7300 though......

Any thoughts? Please help!!!! I am new to this level of AV system.

Geoffcin
11-06-2004, 03:53 PM
I just bought these for mains from a dealer that used them as demo models.

I have a harman Kardon AVR7300 receiver that I just bought new.

Problem: Both powered subs went out last night, 1 week after hooking the system up. I do play music and movies quite loudly, but I feel that the AVR puts out very clean power, and that the Intermezzo series Infinity speakers should be able to handle with no issue, since they are rated well within the HK output range.

Am I wrong?

Hopefully, the repairs will correct the issue that may have been present due to them being used, and it wont reoccur. I am nervous now that maybe the Infinity's cannot handle the AVR7300 though......

Any thoughts? Please help!!!! I am new to this level of AV system.

All self powered speakers have some sort of protection. Check your manual, it nay be as simple as remooving a panel and replacing the fuse.

eisforelectronic
11-06-2004, 04:22 PM
The failure of a powered sub most certainly would have nothing to do with the power output of your receiver because a "powered" sub brings it's own power to the equation. I would say it's more likely the "used" factor rearing it's ugly head.

Bt the way, the majority of speaker damage caused by an amp or receiver results from underpowering not overpowering them. So yes, the Intermezzo's will be just fine connected to that sweet receiver of yours.

xx549xx
11-07-2004, 10:33 AM
Thanks for the input guys! I appreciate it!

xx549xx
11-26-2004, 07:14 PM
I just talked to the repair center. The main issue is that several internal resistors went out. What would cause this? Shouldn't the fuse go first? I would appreciate the input.

xx549xx
11-29-2004, 07:21 PM
I just talked to the repair center. The main issue is that several internal resistors went out. What would cause this? Shouldn't the fuse go first? I would appreciate the input.

Bump!