Futureheads and Flaming Stars on order [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Futureheads and Flaming Stars on order

Davey
11-05-2004, 09:33 AM
Is this a silly post, or what!?

Hey, just placed an order a little bit ago for the new Futureheads CD at playcentric.com for US$11.20 postpaid and the new Flaming Stars Named and Shamed at deepdiscountcd.com for US$10.18 postpaid. Cool, but will I ever get them? We'll just have to wait and see :)

So what you folks got on order or thinking of buying this weekend? I mean, besides beer and pizza and that kinda stuff!

tentoze
11-05-2004, 10:06 AM
I've actually got nothing that's really compelling me to the cd store this wk-end, believe it or not. I'm pretty satisfied with enjoying Castanets, J. Arthur, and Twilight Singers right now- the "new" hasn't even started to wear off those yet................

O, re-reading this, I guess it didn't exactly move the thread forward, huh.

:rolleyes:

Davey
11-05-2004, 11:23 AM
O, re-reading this, I guess it didn't exactly move the thread forward, huh.
Hehehe, well, before you's known as Toon Robber, you'd answer to Threadkiller, no?

Howe Gelb and his band of dusty goat taco cowboys is playing right now all over the map while I'm still patiently, but also a little anxiously, awaiting word on the starting date for my new job...cause a man can only live on stale pretzels for so long...

Slosh
11-05-2004, 11:31 AM
I know there are many, many albums out there that I want. Just don't know that I want them, yet.

I bet you're glad I posted this :p

NP: Cursive - The Ugly Organ

Stone
11-05-2004, 11:32 AM
That Futureheads album is at the top of my list. My local store didn't have it in stock when I was there earlier in the week. Instead I picked up The High Water Marks, SNFU, and The Libertines.

Also on my list are Dungen, Ulysses, and The Dears.

tentoze
11-05-2004, 11:46 AM
Hehehe, well, before you's known as Toon Robber, you'd answer to Threadkiller, no?
That'd be me.....I see you turned into a ho since the last time I noticed. :p

Howe Gelb and his band of dusty goat taco cowboys is playing right now all over the map while I'm still patiently, but also a little anxiously, awaiting word on the starting date for my new job...cause a man can only live on stale pretzels for so long...
J. Arthur is touring as an opener for REM right now, but Salt Lake City is as close as they get to me. Ya can have my job starting today if ya don't mind 80 hr weeks and all the chit ya can stand.

Jim Clark
11-05-2004, 01:29 PM
I'm still waiting for the Futureheads to click with me. Not that I'm concerned just yet. XTC isn't just an influence, it's almost like an agenda. With XTC not being a fave you can see where some obstacles might pop up.

One silly post deserves another.

jc

ForeverAutumn
11-05-2004, 03:44 PM
I'm hoping to pick up the new Mark Knopfler this weekend. I tried to get it yesterday but they were sold out. :eek:

DarrenH
11-05-2004, 03:59 PM
Picked up the new Kenny Wayne Shepherd today "The Place You're In"

Also bought the remaster of Tears For Fears' Songs From The Big Chair. Other than the obvious hit singles, I've never heard this before. Great album.

Dusty Chalk
11-05-2004, 07:01 PM
I'm still digesting a whole bunch of new (to me) releases: Dresden Dolls, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Rob Dougan, et al.

Davey
11-06-2004, 12:55 PM
One silly post deserves another.
Thanks, I guess....but I was just kidding about my post being silly :confused:

Heehee, I do like XTC, or I should say that I used to really love XTC. Have all their albums except the first one and the last one. But I have to admit that last time I listened to one of the early ones, I think Black Sea, I didn't make it all the way through before pulling it for something fresher sounding. Guess maybe nowadays I prefer their later and more melodic music. Anyway, looking forward to giving a listen to that Futureheads and hope it does give a fresh perspective to that sound.

Been liking that Junior Boys (or is it Juniorboys?) quite a bit more lately. I think I need to rip it and edit it and resequence it before I can really fully appreciate it. But I'm just not quite geeky enough to do it :)