Mirage Omni 60's for HT? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Mirage Omni 60's for HT?

C Bennett
11-05-2004, 05:58 AM
Are Mirage Omni 60's good for HT? and is $198 a good price for them?(a pair). Ive read a few reviews online and I think they would work great from what I hear but just wnat to check.

JSE
11-05-2004, 07:48 AM
Are Mirage Omni 60's good for HT? and is $198 a good price for them?(a pair). Ive read a few reviews online and I think they would work great from what I hear but just wnat to check.

I have a pair of Omni 60's that I use in a pool room in my house and I really like them. I had them for a short term in my bedroom and felt they performed very well. They create great soundstage and really fill a room with sound. I think they would be fine as mains in a HT set up. I really like these speakers and I am pretty impressed with the nice tight bass they prodcue for their size. I guess I would consider them somewhat warm and laid back in their sound. The tweeters are very smooth and not shrill or etchy in any way, at least to my ears. I tend to gravitate toward this kind of sound.

I bought mine from Tweeter for $299 for the pair. However, they normally sell them for $600 a pair but had mispriced them in their system at $299 a pair instead of $299 each. The salesperson I bought them from was even suprised to see them ring up at $299/pr but sold them to me anyway. At $600, I think you might be able to find better speakers but at $299/pr, they are hard to beat and a steal. If you found them for $199 new, then I would have no qualms about buying them at all. If, you like them. If you don't like them when you hear them, then keep looking. Don't buy for price, buy for sound.

JSE

C Bennett
11-08-2004, 04:34 PM
Well I ordered them on Friday. Hopefully they get here soon! Then sometime I will have to get the center channel! Thanks! I figured for $196 new its a good deal on a nice speaker.

Eric Z
11-09-2004, 05:15 AM
C Bennett- I checked these speakers out (also the Omni 50s) over the weekend and I was pretty impressed. I was thinking about picking some up for my family room system I'm started to build. I think under $200 is a steal- the cheapest I've seen them was about $225 on Ebay. Where are you getting yours? Just wondering.

Thanks and good luck!
Eric

JSE
11-09-2004, 08:20 AM
Well I ordered them on Friday. Hopefully they get here soon! Then sometime I will have to get the center channel! Thanks! I figured for $196 new its a good deal on a nice speaker.

For $196 new per pair, you will be hard pressed to find a better speaker. Most speakers in that price range have major compromises in sound. Few will have anywhere near the bass response and smooth highs the 60's have. I compared the 60's to speakers from Energy, B&W, Paradigm, Boston and even Athena. The only speaker that bettered the 60s was the B&W 602 s3 but it was much more money and just barely better. I think they were about $550 to $600 if I remember correctly.

Anyway, congrats on the speakers and enjoy.

JSE

C Bennett
11-09-2004, 02:37 PM
Tweeter was blowing them out at $196 a pair. They had them Friday but by Sunday they were out of stock. I believe they originaly sold at around $600 but may be wrong.