Best freakin' commercial in a long time! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Best freakin' commercial in a long time!

topspeed
11-04-2004, 10:51 PM
Ford is putting the full court press on for the new Mustang (like it needs it?) but they really outdid themselves with this one.

It starts with a guy in a cornfield who hears "If you build it...he will come." However, instead of building a baseball field, he builds a race track. Well guess who comes out of the corn rows? Steve McQueen!! Through the wonder of digital imaging, he takes the keys to a shimmering silver GT and roars off. Visions of "Bullitt" danced through my head!

In the annals of great car ads, this one is right there with the GI Joe/Barbie/300ZX Turbo commercial backed by Van Halen.

Catch this ad, it rocks!

cam
11-05-2004, 06:25 PM
On the west coast in Canada I saw a commercial for the new Ford 500 that made me laugh. The setting is at night time on some city streets where you see randomly these cars spinning while traveling down a lane and then there is this black Ford 500 travelling along weaving in and out of all these cars spinning out. Funny stuff.

Geoffcin
11-07-2004, 05:28 AM
Ford is putting the full court press on for the new Mustang (like it needs it?) but they really outdid themselves with this one.

It starts with a guy in a cornfield who hears "If you build it...he will come." However, instead of building a baseball field, he builds a race track. Well guess who comes out of the corn rows? Steve McQueen!! Through the wonder of digital imaging, he takes the keys to a shimmering silver GT and roars off. Visions of "Bullitt" danced through my head!

In the annals of great car ads, this one is right there with the GI Joe/Barbie/300ZX Turbo commercial backed by Van Halen.

Catch this ad, it rocks!

The buzz about the new Mustang is at a fever pitch, and this commercial captures the nostalgic fever to a T. If owned the rights to the movie 'Field of Dreams' I would be really pissed though!

The 2006/7 Cobra R should be an eye opener. Speculations about the GT40 factory motor being dropped in to it have been rife. Estimated power could be 500hp!

Geoffcin
11-07-2004, 05:45 AM

Catch this ad, it rocks!

The idea cant be beat; Get a hot car (300ZX) and steal the hot girl from the preppie jerk.

The sound track was perfect too, especially the "Oh NO!" as Barbie leaves Ken for Joe.

If it only really worked this way....

topspeed
11-08-2004, 04:40 PM
The 2006/7 Cobra R should be an eye opener. Speculations about the GT40 factory motor being dropped in to it have been rife. Estimated power could be 500hp!
John Coletti has been screwing around with the SuperCooler project for around 4 years now and now that the Lightning has been put on indefinite hiatus, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see it popped into the Cobra. The latest guestimates peg the Cobra with the requisite IRS and a supercharged 5.4 V8 with at least 400hp. Don't forget, they told everyone the GT was going to have 500hp and then (surprise!) it came out with 550hp. I think they're still a little gun shy from the overstated hp Cobra fiasco from a few years ago and prefer to underpromise and overdeliver. Some people think the 427 motor is going to be installed but I seriously doubt it. Too heavy, too thirsty, and they may save that one for the GR-1 if and when it gets produced.

Geoffcin
11-08-2004, 05:23 PM
John Coletti has been screwing around with the SuperCooler project for around 4 years now and now that the Lightning has been put on indefinite hiatus, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see it popped into the Cobra. The latest guestimates peg the Cobra with the requisite IRS and a supercharged 5.4 V8 with at least 400hp. Don't forget, they told everyone the GT was going to have 500hp and then (surprise!) it came out with 550hp. I think they're still a little gun shy from the overstated hp Cobra fiasco from a few years ago and prefer to underpromise and overdeliver. Some people think the 427 motor is going to be installed but I seriously doubt it. Too heavy, too thirsty, and they may save that one for the GR-1 if and when it gets produced.

A Kenne Bell supercharger into the 4.6, and depending on how far you want to go with it 600hp is not out of the question. Of course if that's where you want to go you better change out just about everthing else in the car lest you leave pieces all over the road.

Funny you sould metion the Lightning, I just saw an artical where I guy has a totally streeted version that's been tweeked out to the tune of 768hp. I would hate to be the guy in the Z06 Vette that decided to play games with this street sweeper!

Had some fun yesterday at a red light with two guys on liter+ rice rockets. We were next to each other at a red light and they were just like talking with each other. When the light changed I jumped on it ripping pavment, and threw second at just about 6k . That didn't sit too well with these guys on 10sec screamers, and in about two seconds more they were passing me at well over 100mph. My daughter was in the car so I only took it to 6k in second, but these guys were moving at least 120 to my 70 when I backed off.

topspeed
11-09-2004, 02:46 PM
By "liter+ rice rockets" I'm guessing you mean superbikes, right? If so, Geoff my friend, no matter what you do to your 'Stang, you'd best give up that fight. As a former crotch rocket jockey, trust me when I say there isn't a car built that can keep up with today's suicide machines. You can take 'em in the twisties on public roads but the only cars I can think of that would make it interesting in a straight line would be an Enzo or Ford GT.

Geoffcin
11-09-2004, 03:34 PM
I knew it was a lost cause, but it was still fun to jump them!