Polk RTi150........ [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Polk RTi150........

Cumminspuller
11-04-2004, 05:14 PM
I am looking at a used pair of these. What I am wondering is, will my new AVR630 be able to drive these babies? Being that I am new to this Audiophile hobby. How does one tell wether a receiver will be able to put out enough for a particular speaker? Not sure if I worded that correctly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason

Cumminspuller
11-04-2004, 05:58 PM
I should have added that I ordered a pair of Audition AS-F2's that should be here soon. Was thinking of sending them back since I have found the the Polk RTi150's for a pretty good price? Opinion's?

Jason

PAT.P
11-04-2004, 07:53 PM
I am looking at a used pair of these. What I am wondering is, will my new AVR630 be able to drive these babies? Being that I am new to this Audiophile hobby. How does one tell wether a receiver will be able to put out enough for a particular speaker? Not sure if I worded that correctly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason
Who makes the AVR630?on the Polk site it says recommend amplifier 50 to 500 watts/channel !Pat.P :)

Cumminspuller
11-04-2004, 08:19 PM
Harman Kardon makes the AVR630 (http://www.harmankardon.com/product_detail.aspx?Region=USA&Country=US&Language=ENG&cat=REC&prod=AVR%20630&sType=C) I saw those specs aswell on the speaker. But had a read a review that these speakers are power hungry. I believe in stereo mode the 630 puts out about 90 watts if I read correctly.

Jason

PAT.P
11-04-2004, 09:35 PM
Your receiver is high current ! Will have no problem for power to push these speaker -+ 50 amps (nice receiver ) Pat.P