Paradigm Speakers [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Paradigm Speakers

JWill
11-04-2004, 02:22 PM
I am looking for a cheap surround sound system for my bedroom. A local dealer is advertising the Paradigm Cinema 70 serier for $349. Is this a good deal or can I do better with another package. I really don't have time to search ebay for used equipment.

John

nick4433
11-04-2004, 06:13 PM
Paradigm is a good brand of speakers. If your dealer has a return policy then try them out.

PAT.P
11-04-2004, 10:09 PM
[QUOTE=JWill]I am looking for a cheap surround sound system for my bedroom. A local dealer is advertising the Paradigm Cinema 70 serier for $349. Is this a good deal or can I do better with another package. I really don't have time to search ebay for used equipment.

Paradigm is a very good brand and at this price you cant loose ! Paradigm take pride in their speakers and are texted in a special accoustic chamber by NRC in Ottawa Ontario Canada ! Pat.P

kexodusc
11-05-2004, 04:40 AM
The Paradigm's are good, I'd also take a look at Energy's Take packages...they're pretty decent too.
$350 isn't a bad price at all for the Paradigms. That's a pretty good little bedroom system, now all you need is a subwoofer.

N. Abstentia
11-05-2004, 04:50 AM
Dang, I'd jump on that price. That's a sweet deal on some sweet speakers.

PAT.P
11-05-2004, 11:26 AM
The Paradigm's are good, I'd also take a look at Energy's Take packages...they're pretty decent too.
$350 isn't a bad price at all for the Paradigms. That's a pretty good little bedroom system, now all you need is a subwoofer.
If it the Paradigm Cinema serie (htib) 70 it does come with a sub(90 RMS 270 peak)There a review on the Paradigm website and it was listed around $550.00 in the review .Pat.P

kexodusc
11-05-2004, 11:41 AM
Good god...for $350 with the little sub, get me a pair too!!! This is a no brainer...that's some kind of bedroom system...err...what kind of movies do you suppose he's watching there?

nick4433
11-05-2004, 11:58 AM
what kind of movies do you suppose he's watching there?

Easy now Kexo! (LOL)

PAT.P
11-05-2004, 12:39 PM
Good god...for $350 with the little sub, get me a pair too!!! This is a no brainer...that's some kind of bedroom system...err...what kind of movies do you suppose he's watching there?
In the review it does'nt say if the $ is in US or CND probably Canadian since Paradigm is Canadian ! Also JWILL does'nt say if this price is in US (probably is ! now had the 30% plus and gives the Canadian price )349 +105 =454 Maybe should have a flag beside our name to show where were from! As for what kind of movies is watching ,have know clue!!! PAT.P :D

Woochifer
11-05-2004, 04:27 PM
The only area of caution I would add is that the Cinema system is like most other sub/sat systems in that the satellite units do not play the full frequency range down to the most common subwoofer crossover point of 80 Hz. This leaves you with two options, put up with the resulting frequency gap or bump up the crossover frequency (provided that your receiver has a variable crossover point) which makes the subwoofer give away its location easier.

I always remember that the Cinema system cost $900, can't recall if it included the subwoofer or not. Also, might want to check on whether or not this particular system is a closeout. Nothing wrong with that, but my recollection is that Paradigm recently revamped their Cinema systems and this might be one of the discontinued models.