Two interesting concerts this week [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Two interesting concerts this week

Whooptee
12-12-2003, 09:35 PM
The first is <b>Rocket From the Tombs</b> on Sunday. This is the proto-punk band whose members went on to form <b>Pere Ubu</b> and <b>The Dead Boys</b>. They've re-formed with the original members, minus the late Peter Laughner. <b>Television's</b> ex-guitarist Richard Lloyd has taken Laughner's place in the lineup. A while back I posted a review of the excellent <b>Day the Earth Met the Rocket from the Tombs</b> on this board. Judging from that disk and the history of these guys, this has the potential to be a great show.

The second is <b>Lyle Lovett, Joe Ely, Guy Clark and John Hiatt</b> at Bass Hall on Tuesday and Wednesday. Wow!!!

Sad to say, I won't be in attendance at either. Oh well.

John

tentoze
12-12-2003, 09:42 PM
The first is Rocket From the Tombs on Sunday. This is the proto-punk band whose members went on to form Pere Ubu and The Dead Boys. They've re-formed with the original members, minus the late Peter Laughner. Television's ex-guitarist Richard Lloyd has taken Laughner's place in the lineup. A while back I posted a review of the excellent Day the Earth Met the Rocket from the Tombs on this board. Judging from that disk and the history of these guys, this has the potential to be a great show.

The second is Lyle Lovett, Joe Ely, Guy Clark and John Hiatt at Bass Hall on Tuesday and Wednesday. Wow!!!

Sad to say, I won't be in attendance at either. Oh well.

John

Holy Chit- that second one would be hard to ignore- 4 of my all-time favorites on the same freaking bill?????? Guess I could go to an ersatz tribute show to some has-been here in Vegas as consolation.........uhhh-no.