Horribly disappointed by "The Grudge" [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Horribly disappointed by "The Grudge"

kexodusc
11-03-2004, 06:25 AM
Not since "Battlefield Earth" have I been let down by a movie this bad...this was even a bigger disappointment than "Pearl Harbor" and the new "Planet of the Apes".

I really cannot understand why this movie is #1 right now, no competition?

The plot is weak, and poorly executed, the movie isn't scarry at all, and too many "horror/thriller" ideas are borrowed...no...STOLEN...from too many recent horror films...most notably "The Ring".

The acting was really sub-par to the point that it's not believable. Most people in the theater I was at were laughing at the pure stupidity of some of the dialogue.

I don't know what I expected, not much really, but this was a very long, slow moving, film that I paid way too much money to go see. And it absolutely sickens me that anybody could think this was good.

I know I'm not alone, as most people I heard talking while leaving the theater were complaining about it too.

I can usually find something good in any movie, Ibut this was an exception...

Avoid like herpes.

Anybody see this and actually like it? If so that's cool...but can you tell me why?

Worf101
11-03-2004, 06:47 AM
But a co-worker said it was the worst piece of tripe he's seen in years. I guess the juries back on this one. It's a stinker.

Da Worfster :eek:

JSE
11-03-2004, 06:58 AM
That's ashame, I really wanted this movie to be good. I watched the foreign version previews a while back on the net and it looked really good. Based on your take, I'll probably wait for it to come to HBO, StarZ, Showtime, Etc......

But, how did Buffy look? Any skin scenes? You know, some good ole skins scenes can in rare case make up for bad acting. :D

JSE

kexodusc
11-03-2004, 07:04 AM
That's ashame, I really wanted this movie to be good. I watched the foreign version previews a while back on the net and it looked really good. Based on your take, I'll probably wait for it to come to HBO, StarZ, Showtime, Etc......

But, how did Buffy look? Any skin scenes? You know, some good ole skins scenes can in rare case make up for bad acting. :D

JSE

Nope, not even a skin shot to save the movie, and to be honest, the older she gets, the cuter she ain't.

trollgirl
11-05-2004, 02:14 PM
...and I don't want to lay down the money. We'll wait for it in video rental. We did see "Troy" in the theater, and most of our party laughted at it. I was particularly amused at the Greek yurts, and the sound of Greeks marching on sand. I can only suppose the sound of hobnailed boots on cobblestones has become the only option in marching scenes.

Later we rented "Beowulf" and as bad as we thought "Troy" was, "Beowulf" war far worse. You'd have to see it to understand. It made "Troy" look good.

Laz

eisforelectronic
11-06-2004, 02:13 AM
...and I don't want to lay down the money. We'll wait for it in video rental. We did see "Troy" in the theater, and most of our party laughted at it. I was particularly amused at the Greek yurts, and the sound of Greeks marching on sand. I can only suppose the sound of hobnailed boots on cobblestones has become the only option in marching scenes.

Later we rented "Beowulf" and as bad as we thought "Troy" was, "Beowulf" war far worse. You'd have to see it to understand. It made "Troy" look good.

Laz

Yeah, but Rhona Mitra is oh sooo HOT!