Buckingham Nicks (a vinyl review) [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Buckingham Nicks (a vinyl review)

3-LockBox
12-12-2003, 04:52 PM
I assembled a Lindsey Buckingham comp a few months ago and was telling my nieghbor (who has an exhaustive vinyl collection) about two of the songs, being that they were dubbed from vinyl onto CD-R (good ole' DLD, I believe). These two songs were from the Buckingham Nicks album circa '73. I told him that this was supposed to be a fairly rare album, seeing that it never was printed on CD. He turned around to his wall-o'-vinyl and whipped it out (the album). A pristine, mint condition copy of said album. I immediately rushed back to my house and plopped in on my turn table (the album). Man oh man, this is one killer freshman effort. No wonder Mick Fleetwood was gaga over these two. (well, reportedly, he didn't want Lindsey's girlfriend, but something changed his mind---maybe it was the album cover) Both Nicks and Buckingham are phenoms at this early stage of their development (no, I'm not talking about the album cover) and their writing skills were beyond their years and experience. This was the blueprint of things to come, and its a damn shame that this album has never made it ot CD (it was a stiff its first time around). I recommend anyone scoop this up if they find it on vinyl (and of course if you own a rig to play it on), or bug someone they know that has it on vinyl and can burn it onto CD-R. This is a must listen for even a casual fan, and especially for Buckingham fans. This vinyl copy sounds superb, with plenty of extention in both frequency extremes, even on my very modest rig. It may have been played once or twice before I got a hold of it. I must parouse his vinyl more often.

tentoze
12-12-2003, 08:33 PM
I assembled a Lindsey Buckingham comp a few months ago and was telling my nieghbor (who has an exhaustive vinyl collection) about two of the songs, being that they were dubbed from vinyl onto CD-R (good ole' DLD, I believe). These two songs were from the Buckingham Nicks album circa '73. I told him that this was supposed to be a fairly rare album, seeing that it never was printed on CD. He turned around to his wall-o'-vinyl and whipped it out (the album). A pristine, mint condition copy of said album. I immediately rushed back to my house and plopped in on my turn table (the album). Man oh man, this is one killer freshman effort. No wonder Mick Fleetwood was gaga over these two. (well, reportedly, he didn't want Lindsey's girlfriend, but something changed his mind---maybe it was the album cover) Both Nicks and Buckingham are phenoms at this early stage of their development (no, I'm not talking about the album cover) and their writing skills were beyond their years and experience. This was the blueprint of things to come, and its a damn shame that this album has never made it ot CD (it was a stiff its first time around). I recommend anyone scoop this up if they find it on vinyl (and of course if you own a rig to play it on), or bug someone they know that has it on vinyl and can burn it onto CD-R. This is a must listen for even a casual fan, and especially for Buckingham fans. This vinyl copy sounds superb, with plenty of extention in both frequency extremes, even on my very modest rig. It may have been played once or twice before I got a hold of it. I must parouse his vinyl more often.

Jeez, I USED to have this album back in the day- and yer right, the album cover would make any true male fall slap-smooth in love with Stevie Nicks. Frozen Love is the song I remember. Dang, now I am on a mission to find a vinyl copy....

:eek:

dld
12-13-2003, 10:12 PM
Hey 3 LB, Glad you finally got the LP. Is it good or what. IMHO, LB is one of the huge, underappreciated artists of the last 20 years. Will he ever come out with a new album? All 3 of his that I have in addition to the Buckingham N icks, are different, and each in they own way, simlpy great. Just scored a used, NM, vinyl copy a few weeks back, to replace my well worn original. I can;t tell you how happy I was to see that at a garage ale for $.50.

Mr MidFi
12-15-2003, 06:18 AM
If anyone has this album on CD-R, I would be very interested. Please e me at chrislittle(at-symbol-thingy)att.net