Need HTS that will have Video support too. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Need HTS that will have Video support too.

furrykidmom
11-02-2004, 06:03 PM
I am looking for a home theater system that will not only supply a good surround sound but also provide strong video support for my HDTV. I have a 34" widescreen tv. I am having the cable company come and put in an HD box but I want to further enhance my picture. I want it to be as crystal clear as possible. Any suggestions? Our price range varies depending on which one of us you speak too. My husband does not want to spend a lot of money. He is thinking about $400 max because eventually the gameroom will be finished and he would rather invest the big bucks there. I am thinking around a grand because I will be the football widow that gets stuck in the living room and the gameroom will not be finished for another year or two anyway.

markw
11-02-2004, 06:11 PM
Ultimately, if the best possible picture is your goal, than connecting it directly to the cable company's HD box (bypassing the receiver) is the best way to go. I can't think of any receiver at any price that will allow you to "tweak" the video.

hershon
11-02-2004, 06:34 PM
Your question makes no sense. If I'm in the wrong here, then please someone correct me. Your HD picture is totally dependent on your HD cable box which has nothing to do with your Home Theater set up. Your home theater set up will control the sound and perhaps DVD picture as well.

PAT.P
11-02-2004, 08:19 PM
I am looking for a home theater system that will not only supply a good surround sound but also provide strong video support for my HDTV. I have a 34" widescreen tv. I am having the cable company come and put in an HD box but I want to further enhance my picture. I want it to be as crystal clear as possible. Any suggestions? Our price range varies depending on which one of us you speak too. My husband does not want to spend a lot of money. He is thinking about $400 max because eventually the gameroom will be finished and he would rather invest the big bucks there. I am thinking around a grand because I will be the football widow that gets stuck in the living room and the gameroom will not be finished for another year or two anyway.
Sorry but a theater system would be for the sound ! For the tv an HD box the only thing I suggest is good digital cable for hooking up! If you want a receiver just buy a 5.1 Sony ( this would be a basic receiver because you do need speaker and you said it wont be your main entertainment system) Best Buy and Future Shop always bundle some kind of deal (receiver /speaker package )Pat.P :)