D/A converter [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : D/A converter

vr6ofpain
11-02-2004, 11:22 AM
Is there such thing as an affordable outboard D/A converter? I am starting to think that considering I use my computer for both my cd player and mp3 player, I should use it's digital out, and run it into a decent D/A converter, then into my preamp.

I figure this way I will bypass whatever garbage D/A is in my soundcard.

Anyone know of some good D/A converters, new or used, for less than $300?

dean_martin
11-02-2004, 01:53 PM
Is there such thing as an affordable outboard D/A converter? I am starting to think that considering I use my computer for both my cd player and mp3 player, I should use it's digital out, and run it into a decent D/A converter, then into my preamp.

I figure this way I will bypass whatever garbage D/A is in my soundcard.

Anyone know of some good D/A converters, new or used, for less than $300?

I've read some things about the item below. Apparently it has to be modified to perform in a home system, but I'm not sure. I wish I could tell you more about it, but maybe you can find compatibilty info better than I can. It's the ART DI/O. The ad is from musician's friend.

View all ART products
Warranty Information
DI/O Sample Rate Converter
Product #180580

Zoomable Picture
Show Larger Photo
View our Return Policy

Features: 8.00
Quality: 8.00
Value: 10.00
Overall: 8.00
(Based on 1 rating)
Rate This Product

This product is eligible for FREE SHIPPING! Click for details

SAVE $79.01 (39%) When You Buy Today!
List: $199.00
Our Price: $159.00
Sale Price: $119.99 Guaranteed Lowest Price!
Platinum
Payments: As Low As $15/mo

Availability: In Stock

Quantity:
(You can always remove it from your cart.)

Recommended Accessories:
Click the checkboxes, then click "Add To Cart"

Hosa Double-Shielded Coax Gold-Plated RCAs 6.6 Foot $9.99
Horizon Dual RCA-QTR Cable 6 Foot $14.99
Horizon Dual RCA-RCA Cable 6 Foot $14.99

24-bit, 96kHz interfacing for wherever your system needs it.

This little device can be the home or project studio's best friend. It allows you to maintain sound quality when using "classic" analog components and improves any sound card's dynamic range by moving the A/D-D/A out of the PC. You can improve the performance of DAT machines, MiniDisc recorders, and DVD players; and use it to upgrade the performance of existing digital I/O products. Or reduce system noise on any computer-based audio workstation. Lets you add 2 high-performance channels to your multichannel interface. Or make samples warmer, softer, and more musical. Conversion: 24-bit, 96kHz, 128x oversampling. Sample rate: 44.1, 48, 88.2, or 96kHz switch selectable. Digital interface: S/PDIF coaxial, in and out, RCA jacks. External sync range: 22kHz -100kHz. 3-year warranty.