Finally, a receiver we can all agree on! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Finally, a receiver we can all agree on!

nick4433
11-02-2004, 09:32 AM
I was told at a power breakfast meeting yesterday that a new receiver is finally going to hit the market in a month or two. I was privvy to a few details which I as a forum insider will have no problems sharing this with you. I might however loose my power status but that will be addressed some other day.
The receiver comes from the famous electronics giant "Taksushiba Electronics" and has a full 13.2 speaker setup with three (3) torroidal transformers inside for the amplification and a smaller transformer seperate for the pre amp section. The preamp and amp paths are totally different so it gurantees zero (0) interference between preamp and amp. The THD is rated to be at an unbelievable 0.000002 and it should satisfy anyone out there.
The 13 amps are rated at a solid 210W/channel with hookups for two (2) subwoofers.
It will have 6 component ins and 2 outs at 1000Mhz, again satisfying all HD requirements.
Now, the real KICKER. This baby has added something never previously heard i.e. "Music Cycles". Yes, we will finally get a dial that will let us choose from Dry, Warm, Cold, Bright, Bright/Warm,Neutral, Warm/Dry, Warm/Cold, Cold/Dry and Neutral/Cold cycles of music types. When asked, Chief engineer Osaka had this to say: "I was doing the laundry one day and the thread on AR about Warm vs. Dry music was still fresh in my mind and it then hit me. A receiver with music cycles!"
The receiver includes all modern day processing plus these new wonders.
OD : Osaka Digital 5.1
OD-X: Osaka Digital 6.1
OD-XX Osaka Digital 7.1
OD-XXX Osaka Didital 9.1 (Osaka added one center floor channel and center heaven)
ODL7: Osakas own version of Logic 7
OACS: Osaka all channel stereo and much, much more.

Folks, I was there yesterday at a live demonstration at the studio theater and this thing kicks serious butt. When Osaka was turning the dial from Neutral to bright and bright to warm, it brought tears to the eyes of many (and mine) when someone from the audience would say "aah Yammy" or "aaah Denon".
But, the wait should be over shortly and we will have this receiver hit the shelves in early february but you guys know me, I have one as a test unit ready to be hooked up and reviewed so stand by!

kexodusc
11-02-2004, 11:02 AM
I was told at a power breakfast meeting yesterday that a new receiver is finally going to hit the market in a month or two. I was privvy to a few details which I as a forum insider will have no problems sharing this with you. I might however loose my power status but that will be addressed some other day.
The receiver comes from the famous electronics giant "Taksushiba Electronics" and has a full 13.2 speaker setup with three (3) torroidal transformers inside for the amplification and a smaller transformer seperate for the pre amp section. The preamp and amp paths are totally different so it gurantees zero (0) interference between preamp and amp. The THD is rated to be at an unbelievable 0.000002 and it should satisfy anyone out there.
The 13 amps are rated at a solid 210W/channel with hookups for two (2) subwoofers.
It will have 6 component ins and 2 outs at 1000Mhz, again satisfying all HD requirements.
Now, the real KICKER. This baby has added something never previously heard i.e. "Music Cycles". Yes, we will finally get a dial that will let us choose from Dry, Warm, Cold, Bright, Bright/Warm,Neutral, Warm/Dry, Warm/Cold, Cold/Dry and Neutral/Cold cycles of music types. When asked, Chief engineer Osaka had this to say: "I was doing the laundry one day and the thread on AR about Warm vs. Dry music was still fresh in my mind and it then hit me. A receiver with music cycles!"
The receiver includes all modern day processing plus these new wonders.
OD : Osaka Digital 5.1
OD-X: Osaka Digital 6.1
OD-XX Osaka Digital 7.1
OD-XXX Osaka Didital 9.1 (Osaka added one center floor channel and center heaven)
ODL7: Osakas own version of Logic 7
OACS: Osaka all channel stereo and much, much more.

Folks, I was there yesterday at a live demonstration at the studio theater and this thing kicks serious butt. When Osaka was turning the dial from Neutral to bright and bright to warm, it brought tears to the eyes of many (and mine) when someone from the audience would say "aah Yammy" or "aaah Denon".
But, the wait should be over shortly and we will have this receiver hit the shelves in early february but you guys know me, I have one as a test unit ready to be hooked up and reviewed so stand by!

I heard about this, it's going to have that DSP that uses all 13.2 speakers to make "2-channel virtual surround" mode...man this thing is BLEEDING EDGE!!!
:D

Sir Terrence the Terrible
11-02-2004, 01:00 PM
WAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Nick is back!!!!!!!

(mental note to self, change siggy line to reflect Nick's prison release)

Smokey
11-02-2004, 09:31 PM

Man, that is some funny stuff...LOL :D