Appleseed Cast/Old Canes/Chris Crisci question [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Appleseed Cast/Old Canes/Chris Crisci question

Dusty Chalk
11-01-2004, 06:31 PM
I saw the cover of the new Old Canes CD, and it said something to the effect of "...Appleseed Cast frontman Chris Crisci abandons his psychedelic something or other blah blah blah...". So anyway, now I'm interested in checking out Appleseed Cast -- which one is a good one to start with? I'm tempted to get their last one, Two Conversations first, and if I like that, then get the more ambitious Low Level Owl 1 & 2. I like the psychedelic and the slowcore (depressing) sounds -- am I headed in the right direction?

Davey
11-02-2004, 07:26 AM
....am I headed in the right direction?
I'd be inclined to go with the first Low Level Owl as a starter, but I've not actually heard the last one myself, only read about it. LLO has those long, meandering song [non]structures that [I think] we both like, while Two Conversations aimed for a more concise sound, at least from my understanding. I guess the success of it depends on how much a person liked the LLO sessions. I loved them so probably would prefer that to Two Conversations more than someone with a proggy-less upbringing....someone like, say...Stone, who liked TC a lot.

Anyway, if you type "davey." for the poster boy and "appleseed" for the key word, there's a recycled post where I gathered a couple old things I said about LLO#1.