Calling Tentoze, ChrisNZ, JC, JDaniel, Jar, Slosh, Stone, Davey, Finch & even Yech [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Calling Tentoze, ChrisNZ, JC, JDaniel, Jar, Slosh, Stone, Davey, Finch & even Yech

Mike
11-01-2004, 08:58 AM
Just wanted to throw out some thanks to all of the above for a whole bunch of comps I’ve received from you guys. I got some free time last weekend to sit down and have a really good listen to them and lift some tracks for a comp or two which is something I’ve been meaning to do for a while now. I’ve probably said thanks at some point when I’ve received them at the time but wanted to say thanks again it’s made me appreciate the work you guys put into your comps and appreciate the effort for sending them over the water. Of course my wish list has just grown in size again but that’s what these comps are all about isn’t it? I mean exposure to things you haven’t heard before or wanted to try but never took the plunge. To me if I like 4-5 tracks from a comp I class that as a success.

So which items did I cherry pick I here you ask? Well I got 3 full CDR’s out of them too many tracks to list and I’ve passed the originals on to a friend who asked to borrow them.

And finally special mention to Finch I just got your comps and I’m working my way through them, and Yech who sent a couple of unsolicited Fall blues comps, thanks a lot I appreciate it - lots of good listening there.

Cheers
Mike

Slosh
11-05-2004, 08:16 AM
So which items did I cherry pick I here you ask? Well I got 3 full CDR’s out of them too many tracks to list

Just out of curiousness I'd like to see those tracklists when you get the discs back. Not that I could do anything productive with that information but . . . . .

Glad to see all of our efforts were not a complete waste ;)

tentoze
11-05-2004, 10:02 AM
Hey Mike- I always consider it a major victory if even ONE person likes ONE song on a comp from me.............

;)

Jim Clark
11-05-2004, 01:25 PM
As you may know, the pleasure is always mine. This place is the best.

jc

Finch Platte
11-06-2004, 05:31 AM
Hey Mike- I always consider it a major victory if even ONE person likes ONE song on a comp from me.............

;)

If I can turn someone on with only one song offa comp, I'm happy. Sometimes I think they think I expect them to like the whole thing, so they don't say anything. :rolleyes:

I've been thinking about putting a postage-paid postcard in with the stuff I send out so I can get some sort of a reaction. I'm not referring to anyone in here, of course. :D

Man, Mike- looks like you're set for a while! Enjoy, you lucky bastid.

fp