Need feet for B&W ASW1000 subwoofer for tile [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Need feet for B&W ASW1000 subwoofer for tile

Wekiva
10-30-2004, 05:04 AM
I purchased a B&W ASW1000 subwoofer about 2 years ago and have loved it ever since. At the time I was in a home with carpet and the pointed feet worked well. But we recently moved into a home with tile in the living room and the pointed feet seem rather harsh on the hard floor. Is there an alternative to the upsidedown cones that came with the sub? I would imagine that the feet that are on now would screw off and hopefully there is a rubber alternative that I can replace them with. I have looked all over the net and at B&W's web site and found nothing. Any ideas?

Thanks

royphil345
10-30-2004, 10:36 AM
Parts Express has a nice selection of feet. http://www.partsexpress.com (type feet in quick search) Something with a rubber bottom but not to squishy would probably be good for a sub on tile. Could always use a little blue-tac on the bottom of the feet if the sub walks around.

Woochifer
10-31-2004, 05:23 PM
Before you resort to some of the higher priced options, I would suggest just going over to your local hardware store and just get a set of rubber feet (the kind that you use on furniture to protect wood floors). They typically cost no more than about $3 for a set of four. I use a set of 2" diameter feet with my subwoofer and flip them upside down to the side that has the least surface contact with the floor. They solidly anchor the sub to the floor (rubber compresses slightly, which helps keep the sub from sliding around even on an uneven floor), while producing just enough space to reduce vibration between the box and the floor.

Another alternative is to just slip some metal discs underneath the spikes that come with your sub. But, on a tile floor, the surface might not even enough to keep the sub from sliding around.

mario ferrari
03-06-2011, 01:35 PM
Hello There, please help me to get the manual of B&W Speaker model ASW 1000 subwoofer. public48@msn.com Mario

pixelthis
03-07-2011, 03:44 PM
Hello There, please help me to get the manual of B&W Speaker model ASW 1000 subwoofer. public48@msn.com Mario

I got the Manuel of my 2500 at B&W'S website(pdf). Free of charge.:1:

pixelthis
03-07-2011, 03:46 PM
This is a pic, btw.:1: